Sho Kusakabe ~ Hanahaki Curse (Part 2)

"Sho..." was all you can say and you started tearing up. You did exactly what you didn't want to do. You're hurting him.

"Sho. You told me I was like a sister to you. You friend zoned me so how do you think that made me feel." You said softly, trying to control your emotions.

"I'm sorry but my romantic feelings for you are long gone. I'm sorry Sho." You couldn't see him cry so you left the room.

~

You were outside of the station, in the dark, getting some fresh air when you heard coughing and sobbing inside. You quickly rush back inside because you remember that feeling.

"(Y/N)...what's happening to me." He cried. He was panicking, bloody pink petals beside him while he curled up from the pain. "It hurts" his voice cracked.

Hearing that broke your heart and you broke down. You were also reminded of that painful time when this was you. You didn't want Sho to go through this.

"Hey you're gonna be okay but you have to make a choice." You informed him. "W-what choice" He asked.

He was sitting on the floor leaned up against the couch and his hand gripping his stomach. His head slouched because of the dizziness and nausea.

You took his head in your hands and softly leaned his head up. "You're beautiful (Y/N)" he said with a weak smile. How could he smile at a time like this? You thought. Well I did too and that was because I thought of Sho. He really does love me.

"You have to get surgery or you'll die."  You explained. "Well I'll do the surgery. I don't want to die. I can't leave you yet." He said crying a little more.

"Sho if you do the surgery all your romantic feelings for me will be gone." You continued. He was silent. "But we can still be friends." You added.

"But why is this happening to me (Y/N)? Why me?" He croaked. You looked down, more tears spilling from your eyes. It's all my fault you thought.

"It's because of me" you said barely over a whisper, lifting your palms and they lightly fall back down. You looked at him through puffy eyes trying not to cry more.

"What...do you mean," he asked, confusion evident on his face. "This happened to me too Sho. Because you didn't tell like me back. It's the Hanahaki Curse." You say looking defeated. You didn't know what to do.

You continue to explain what the curse is to him and he just took in all that information while trying to grind the pain and you trying your best to comfort him.

"Then it's my fault." He said after hearing the whole story. "(Y/N)...I-I'm so sorry"

"No Sho it's okay, if I hadn't caught feelings for you none of this would have happened." You blamed yourself.

He didn't say anything because he knows that if he tries to blame himself you'll only turn the tables.

"But I want to be with you...isn't there another way?" He asked.

You brushed off his question and said, "Come on let's go to Hinawa before this gets too far." He got up with your aid and helped him walk to Oikawa's office.

~

"How is this even possible?" Hinawa questioned the healer. He was the same person that operated on you and him having to do the same procedure on Sho now is quite ironic.

"It's simple. The timing of their love for each other was a little off. Love is blind but it looks like it has no sense of time either. How unfortunate.