Joker ~ Five Two

This is an interesting soulmate AU . I hope you like it ☺

YOUR POV

The world we live in today is a little bit...different. You see, everyone has a soulmate. If your soulmate happens to die  they'll be reincarnated.

Oh, did I mention you stop aging at 21 if you don't find them?

How would you know if you're aging or not you ask? Well, there are systems set up that has everyones information starting from birth. But you only have access to your account via your electronic device. If you don't have a device though there are massive library looking buildings all over where you can go check.

On this account there's a picture of you with and a stop watch mechanism. That time keeper abruptly stops on 21 if you haven't found your soulmate or if your soulmate dies. If you have found them, even without your knowledge your time starts up again.

A picture of your soulmate will appear on your account along withheld time.

Now that we've been through the basics let me fill you in on my 21 year old life. Yep! I'm single. I haven't found my soulmate yet.

It's always kind of disappointing when you find someone you kinda like then check your accounts to see your stationary times. But that doesn't stop anyone from hooking up or playing house.

It doesn't help that I'm an introvert as well. It just lowers my chances of ever meeting my soulmate but thank God for work right?

I work as a bartender at one of the local clubs. Shocking! An introvert working at a club. That's because my brother owns it.

He's not an overprotective guy but he will beat someone's ass if they look at me left.

Speaking of work I have to get ready.

I live in a really decent two bedroom apartment not too far from my brother's. It's in a nice area too.

I hop out of bed and into the shower and start my work routine.

We don't really have a uniform but we always have to wear black and for bartenders a black apron too.

I decided to switch my style up a bit today for some ✨excitement✨. So I chose to wear a black t-shirt, a black pleated skirt that drops mid thigh, black thigh high socks with two white stripes near the top and some chunky black boots. Of course I spiced it up with some silver jewelry too. (I'm sorry if you don't like it but feel free to change it up if you'd like)

I took one last look in the mirror before hopping in my car and heading to work.

It was a pretty normal day at work, just a little bit more compliments on my outfit from drunken men and other girls when they come for some drinks or just hanging around the bar.

2nd person POV

"Well hello" you hear someone say. You were currently getting a few bottles of alcohol on the shelf behind you to mix a few drinks so you turned around assuming they are another customer.

"Hi how may I help you?" You turn in the direction of the voice.

You see a man in all black with a black eyepatch over his left eye and an unlit cigarette in his mouth.