Tokyo Ghoul AU ~ Pyrokinetic! Shinra x Ghoul! Reader Part 2

I opened my eyes and was immediately blinded by the lights. I was going to lift my arm to block the light but I stopped trying as soon as I felt a sharp pain in my back. Oh, that. I thought as I  remembered what had happened.

Immediately after I remembered Shinra. Where is He! I slowly sat up so that I can find Shinra and alert someone that I was awake.

As if on queue, the door opened. It was Kaneki. "Hey." He said with a soft smile. He saw the slight panic in my face and he knew exactly what to say. "He's fine (y/n)...Shinra's fine. As a matter of fact," he peeked back out the door, "here he comes. I'll be back with something for you to eat later." He said and left.

In walked Shinra with a cup of coffee. He stood infront of the door for a second just looking at me before he walked in completely.

"I got Yoshimura to teach me the technique" he smiled while handing me the coffee. "It's not as good as yours yet though"

"Thanks. It's the thought that count" I smiled back. "I really thought you were gone" he said while looking down and playing with his fingers. "And thanks for saving me back there....but don't ever leave me like that again." He started tearing up.

I put down the coffee and looked at him. I laughed to lighten the mood a little. "Okay okay. But you still owe me." He just smiled and hugged me.
"Ow, not to hard stupid." I giggled. "I'm sorry" he apologized.

~

After Kaneki brought my food (human flesh btw) I was feeling a lot better. I even took a shift at the cafe but Kaneki and Touka helped.

She apologized earlier to both me and Shinra. She just wanted to protect the family of ghouls that she had, understandable but she's still a bit closed off.

~

A Few Months Later

I was sitting at my desk, my head on my arms, half asleep. I couldn't stay up in class, it was history for god's sake.

"Hey (y/n). Class is over." Hide said while tapping my shoulder. I looked up not knowing what the he'll was going on. I must have finally bit the bullet and fell asleep, but I quickly came to my senses. "Oh. Thanks Hide." 

We walked down to the front gate together, "Tell Kaneki I said hi" he said and rode off. Kaneki didn't come in today because he ate a sandwich that Hide gave to him and he didn't throw it up fast enough.

"I will do" I waved and started walking the other way. I walked fast because I couldn't wait to see Shinra.
He didn't work at Anteiku, it was too dangerous, but he stopped by every once in a while to see me and everyone else.

I arrived and he was already waiting for me with his coffee. He saw me through the window as I passed by and he put his hand up against the glass so that I can high five him through it. This idiot.

I raised my hand and placed it on the glass where his hand was waiting and I quickly ran inside.

"Finally" he said standing up so that he can hug me. "It's not my fault that I have school" I giggled, which was muffled by Shinra's arm. That made him laugh even more. He let go and kissed my forehead. "How was school?" He asked.

I blushed because Touka and Nishio (I almost wrote Nishinoya lol) were working. "It was a blur" I said as I sat down. "Literally. I was fighting sleep for most of them until I finally lost in History class. It was the last one too, i could've won." I explained.

"Well at least you finished the day." He smiled.

He was telling me about his day when he stopped and suddenly looked out the window. His eyes wide like he has seen a ghost.

"Shinra?" I looked at where his was staring at but I saw nothing out of the ordinary. Then the bell rang signalling that someone came in. Sure enough he was staring at that person.

"Sho?" He said voice breaking,trying his hardest not to cry as he stood and reached his hand out.

The Sho guy just stood there staring back at him. "Go home Shinra. It's not worth it. If you come looking for me, you will die."

Totally ignoring what he said Shinra shouted. "Why Sho? Why did you leave? Was our family not good enough for you! We gave you everything. Just please come back." His voice got softer and softer as he spoke.

Sho looked down. By now I could tell that that's his brother.

"I'm in too deep." He said and left. Shinra quickly got up yo go after him but he simply vanished.

He stood at the door for a while then slowly slid his hands down the door frame and went to the back.

I got up and followed him, seeing that he went in the males bathroom. I twisted the knob but it was locked. "Shinra? Are you-" I was gonna ask if he was okay but that's a dumb question, he's obviously not. "Can I come in or do you want me to leave?" He didn't answer.

Silence filled the air so I  took that as he wants me to leave so I walked away. I stopped when I heard a click. He unlocked the door.

Sure it was a male bathroom but it was for one person so Shinra is the only one in there.

I turned back and turned the knob slowly. I peeked my head in and my heart broke seeing him like that. He was sitting on the edge of the closed toilet with his head in his hands softly sobbing and sniffing every once in a while.

I went over and crouched infront of him. "It's okay. I can help you find him." I tried to reassure him but it was the truth. At this point I'd do anything for him.

His head was still in his hand so I stood up and hugged him. His head resting on my stomach with my arms around his neck. I allowed him to cry, to let it all out. I could tell that he loves his brother but for some reason his brother doesn't feel the same.

After a while he wrapped his arms around my waist and sat up a little. He couldn't look at me yet so he turned his face to the door with the side of his face now slightly under my breasts. (Tell me I'm not the only one who pronounces this like 'breasticies' 😂 please). He opened his legs so that I can stand between them to be closer to him.

"I'm sorry (y/n)....I just miss him. I don't want him to die." He finally spoke up. "You don't have to apologize. I understand, I'll do my best to help you get him back." I said while running my hands through his hair.

He looked up at me, "I love you (y/n)...You don't have to say it back but I wanted to let you know. People I love always get taken away from me before I get to tell them and I want to make sure that you know and that I will make it my goal to have you stay with me."

If I wasn't tearing up before I definitely am now. It gets lonely when you have a lot of love to give but no one to offer it to. "I love you too Shinra." I said and hugged him even tighter.

He pushed me away so that he can put his legs between mine. Then he pulled me down and towards him. His hand on the bottom of my thigh as he placed me on his lap.

He smiled at me one last time then he placed his lips on mine softly. His lips soft against mine, slow but passionate movements. He didn't kiss me for too long because we were in the bathroom. He pulled away and put his hands under my thighs and lifted me up. I giggled and then he placed me down. He took my hand and we walked outside.

"Hey Nishio. Can you take over for me today...please?" I asked.

"Whatever. But when I ask you you can't deny. And only because I like you better than damn Touka." He said.

I laughed and Touka playfully glared at me. "Thank you, love you bye!" I waved at both of them and left hand in hand with Shinra.

We both went to my apartment and started to plan how we'd get Sho back but we easily side tracked because of our strong attraction for each other.

Word count: 1492

Jesus that was hard to write. I didn't know where to go from the first part lol but I hope I made the right choice and you like it x