Norringtons Promotion

Elizabeth sat bolt upright. She had that same dream again, the one where she met Will and saw the black ship. She had hidden the medallion and never touched it again, but something.. something inside her was calling for it. She instantly opened her drawer and removed the thick black plank that hid the necklace. It was covered in dust, well Elizabeth hadn't touched it for nine years so it only made sense that it was dirty. The girl hadn't told a soul about the necklace, not even her own sister who has the same intrigue for pirates as her, if not more. She traced her fingers through the pirate pattern, she hadn't uttered a word about pirates ever since she was little but was still very curious. Slowly, Elizabeth approached a Mirror and began to put on the necklace, only to see how it would look. Until.. there was a knock.

.......

Kassandra was still the same as she was nine years ago polite, innocent and gorgeous. Unfortunately, for her father, her love and interest for pirates hadn't changed. Although she stopped mentioning it for the fact that she knew it annoyed and worried her father. Today she woke up quite early, with an eery felling of dread but.. excitement. She knew something was going to happen today, she just didn't know what. She practically jumped out of bed humming her favorite tune. She skipped to her porch, still in her white silk nightdress and opened her curtains to reveal the cloudless blue sky, it was truly a wonderful sight to see. The yellow, almost golden, sun shined proud and big in the sky illuminating all. "Good morning!" She shouts to the people in the street, like she does every morning. Her big smile illuminating everyone's day and motivating everyone to work harder than before. Unknown to her, people actually woke up early in the morning to visit the governor's daughter, so they can see her bright smile. She walked back into her room and started to make her bed, she hated when her maids did everything for her, because she is perfectly capable of doing things herself. While she was doing her bed she heard a knock. "Kassandra!" Called her fathers voice. Her smile widened. She grabbed her robe and put it on. Her father knocked again. "Are you alright?" He asks worriedly. "Yes! Yes of course!" She says straitening her hair. He walks around the room. "It's a beautiful day." He says looking out of the porch to the sea. "It is indeed!" She says still smiling. "I have a gift for you." He says turning to look at his daughter that has a dreamy gaze on her face. One of the maids presents the girl with a box, she opens the lid and gaps when she sees one of the most beautiful dresses she's ever seen. "Ah it's beautiful!" She tells him taking it out of the box, the green dress shimmering as it made contact with the sun. "It is isn't it?" Her father agrees. But he thinks it would been even more beautiful on her. "May I inquire as to the occasion?" Questions Kassandra with a raised eyebrow. "Does a father need an occasion to dote upon his daughter?" He asks. The girl couldn't let the exited squeal that left her lips. The maids all giggle at her excitement that was adorable. Even the governor chuckled a bit. "Go ahead." He said gesturing for her to put it on. As she was getting fitted her father decided to strike a conversation. "Actually I had hoped you might wear it for the ceremony today." He said nervously. "The ceremony?" Kassandra questions. "Captain Norringtons promotion ceremony." The governor said. Kassandra pokes her head from the wall. "I knew it." she muttered. The girl has nothing against James, in fact he was her friend for a very long time, she was just happy to have caught her father red handed lying to her. "Commodore Norrington as he's about to become." Kassandra was quite proud of her friend, becoming commodore is quite the honor. "A fine gentleman don't you think?" Her father inquires. Suddenly Kassandra gasps, the lack of air had taken a tole on her. "He fancies you, you know?" Kassandra didn't exactly know what 'fancies' meant. She thought that if your friends, that meant the other person fancies you. But the though of James liking to be her friend brought a smile to her face, only for it to be wiped off when the corset was tightened even more, she let out another huge gasp, her lungs begging for air. Her father had heard this gasp more clearly than the other one, it was clear that she was is discomfort. "Kassandra? How's it coming?" He asks her worriedly. "I-Its difficult t-to say." She said still in lack of air. "I'm told it's the latest fashion in London." Says her father still a bit worried for his daughter. Kassandra let one tear escape. "W-Well women in L-london must have l-learnt not t-to breathe." She says coughing a bit. Holding her chest to suppress the pain, letting another tear escape from her perfectly shaped blue eyes. That's when the butler came in. "M'lorde you have a visitor." He informs bowing. The governor nods leaving his daughter who was still struggling to breathe.