Keep to the code

"Feast your eyes Captain, all of them faithful hands before the mast, every man worth his salt, and some crazy to boot." Gibbs presented Jack's new crew. Will and Elizabeth were skeptical. 

"So this, is your able-bodied crew?" Asks Elizabeth grimacing. Jack shrugs in response and looks at the crew, he stops right in front of an oldish man that has a parrot in his shoulder. "You sailor!" Started Jack. "Cotton, sir." Corrected Gibbs. "Mr. Cotton, do you have the courage and fortitude to follow orders and stay true to the face of danger or sudden death." Whispers Jack menacingly.

 Cotton looks at Gibbs with his eyes for help. "Mr. Cotton! Answer me!" Demanded Jack, he was getting quite fed up with the silence. "He's a mute sir, poor devil had his tongue cut out. So he trained his parrot to talk for him. No one's yet figured how." Gibbs helps Cotton out. "Mister Cottons.. Parrot, same question." Jack repeats. "Ah! Wind the sails, wind the sails!" The parrot screeches. Elizabeth and Will found this parrot very annoying and covered their ears to keep them from bleeding. 

Jack didn't mind it, though he was confused. Gibbs stood up. "Mostly we figured that means yes." He said. Jack nodded. "Of course it does, Satisfied?" Jack asked Will and Elizabeth. They were still skeptical but if this is all Tortuga has, then they'll take it. "Well your proved they're mad." Admitted William and Jack rolled his eyes, until a female voice stepped up. "And what's the Benefit for us?" The voice asked. Jack walked to the end of the line where a person stood with a very large hat, Jack took the hat off and examined the face. "Anna maria!" Said Jack as if he was greeting an old friend. She slapped him. "I suppose you didn't deserve that one either?" Elizabeth mocked. 

Jack only shook his head, "No, that one I deserved." He said honestly. "You. Stole. My. Boat!" Anna emphasized the word 'boat'. She was very angry about the whole ordeal. "Actually-" Jack couldn't finish because he got slapped again. Jack wouldn't admit it but it hurt, a lot. "-borrowed, I borrowed without permission. With every intention of bringing it back to you!" He said. Anna Maria was fuming. "BUT YOU DIDN'T!" She shouted. 

"You'll get another one!" Jack exclaimed. "I will." She pointed an accusing finger at Jack and Elizabeth had to suppress a chuckle.  "A better one!" Said Will. "A better one!" Repeated Jack. "That one." Will pointed at the Interceptor. "What one?" Jack Sparrow turned around to face Will. "That one?!" Shouted Jack, he then faced Maria. "Aye! That one." 

He was suffering on the inside and the crew was surprised to see that Jack had given his ship to her. "What say you?" Asked Jack. "Aye!" She yelled and the whole crew joined in. "No, No, no, no, no, it's frightful bad luck to bring a woman on board sir!" Warned Gibbs. Elizabeth was very offended by his statement. "And what am I? A sack of Potatoes?!" She questioned outraged.

 "I'd be far worse not to have them." Jack admitted. They all got on board and made ready to sail. That night there was a storm. Waves flooded the ship, making sailors lose their balance. Will and Gibbs we're scrambling to get to their feet. "How can we sail to an island nobody can find, with a compass that doesn't work!?" Will yelled at Gibbs. "Aye the compass doesn't point North, but we're not trying to find North are we?" Gibbs yelled back. William was even more confused at his words. Jack wasn't going to back down from the storm, no. He was almost there and he wasn't going to give up. "Captain! Let's find shore and rest until the storm's over!" Gibbs shouts bumping on objects many times, as if he were drunk. 

"She can hold a bit longer!" Jack answers, he was grinning madly. "What's with your good mood captain?!" Questions Gibbs. Jack turns to look at Gibbs. "We're catching up!"

....

Kassandra was in her cabin messing with the lace of her dress, she was bored. Then there was a knock at the door. "Come in." She shouted, the door opened to reveal a pirate. "Time to go puppet." He says kindly making her smile. She nods her head and walks outs, the pirate not far behind. All the pirates were on the deck. "This is what we're going to do, we're going to wait for Will Turner there and when he shows up we will grab him and end the curse savvy?" Asked Barbossa. They all nodded, even Kassandra. She, as everyone else, was pushed on the boat riding to ilha do muerta.

.....

Jack Sparrow and his crew were approaching the ilha de muerta. Gibbs and Elizabeth were working alongside each other chatting. "How is it that Jack came by that compass?" Elizabeth asked Gibbs, curiously looking at the strange thing. "Not a lot is known about Jack Sparrow before he came to Tortuga with a mind to go after the treasure on the ilha do muerta. Back when before I met him, when he was captain of the black pearl." Gibbs told Will taking a sip of his Rum while sitting down. Will knew that Jack wanted the black pearl but hadn't ever known that he was ever captain of it. "What? He failed to mention that." Said Will sitting down as well. "Well he takes things closer to the vest now, a hard learned lesson it was. See three days out in the venture the first mate comes to him and says 'Everything is an equal share I should know the location of the treasure too' so Jack gives up the bearings, that night there was a mutiny, they marines Jack on an Island and left him to die, but not before he'd gone mad with the heat!" Exclaimed Gibbs. "Ah so that's the reason why.." Elizabeth imitated the way Jack acted but Gibbs only shook his head. "Reasons got 'nothing to do with it." Gibbs said weirded out. "Now Elizabeth, when a pirates marooned is given a pistol with a single shot, one shot, well that won't do much good for hunting nor rescued, but after three weeks of starving and thirst, that pistol started to look real friendly. Now Jack he escaped the island, he still had that single shot, oh he won't use it though, save it for the man. His mutinous first mate." Gibbs yells her. Elizabeth can't help but feel that Jack deserves it, but then she realized who the first mate is. "Barbosa.." she realizes. "Aye." Gibbs nods. "How did Jack get off the island?" Questions Elizabeth. "Well, I'll tell ya. He waited out in the shallows and he waited there three days and three nights, then all mount of sea creatures became acclimate to his presence. Now on the fourth morning, he roped himself a couple of sea turtles pushed them together, and made a raft." Gibbs told her. Elizabeth didn't look convinced. "He rode a mountain of sea turtles?" Will asked not believing a word. "Aye, sea turtles." Gibbs nodded, he himself was amazed when Jack told him his story. "What did he use for rope?" Interrogated Will. Gibbs was about to reply when he realized that he didn't know, Jack had failed to mention it. "Human hair, from my back." Said Jack who was behind Elizabeth as he heard the whole story. Elizabeth and Will were surprised to hear his voice, they thought that he was still at the wheel. 

"Let go of the anchor!" Commanded Jack. Jack, Elizabeth and Will stood up. "Young Mister Turner and Miss Swann are to go ashore." Those three stood up and walked towards the edge of the ship, Gibbs stood up as well. "Captain! What if the worst should happen?" Asked Gibbs when he catches up to Jack. Jack though for a moment. "Keep to the code.."