episode four

𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖉𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗:
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖊

𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖉𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗:𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖊

WHAT DO YOU NOTICE, RIVERS?

It was Morgan who had asked, as Mykie and him had gone down to the M.E., with the past two bodies. The third, which Rossi and Hotch had gone to examine, was eerily similar to the ones the pair were staring at. Reid, Prentiss, and JJ set up at the Phoenix Police Department, getting things together. 

Reid and Prentiss were assigned the geographical profile and to also look for any other connections between the women other than appearance. JJ was left to deal with the debacle of media outside the station.

"She has ligature marks on her wrists and ankles, meaning he definitely restrained them. The obvious overkill, her body is mangled. Multiple stabs and one gunshot to the head. If he had to restrain them, maybe he's disabled? Or didn't have access to drugs?" Mykie went on a ramble, and the M.E. intervened, "She had ketamine in her system, which probably is how he got her. There was no blunt force trauma pre-mortem."

She was a beautiful girl. Soft features, a gentle emotion fixed on her face, freckles littered her face, and her hair fell at her sides perfectly, even in death. This girl was gorgeous, and she just looked like a nice girl. It was such a sad sight.

Mykie sighed slightly. Morgan could tell she was getting frustrated, and he planted a supportive hand on her shoulder. "Hey kid, I know it's a long process. It's not easy, and for being on your first case, you're doing great. You can't let a little setback bring you down. This team has been around for a long time, and we made a hell of mistakes in the beginning."

She nodded, listening to his words. The M.E. lifted the sheet over the torso, exposing more of her pale flesh. "Thank you, Derek." Mykie paused, turning to the woman in the lab coat, "So, was there any signs of sexual assault?"

"No, but it did seem as if she had consensual sex pre-mortem and was raped post-mortem, but we couldn't find any semen remnants. No bruising or tearing that would normally suggest assault. One thing, though. Do you see the stab wounds, and where they hit? Whoever did this, had decent knowledge of where her most vital organs were and how deep the wounds would need to be." The woman said, pointing out the wounds.  "The gunshot is what killed her, but she had plenty of stab wounds post-mortem. Not only that, those aren't the only ligature marks. She has them all over her body, almost like full body bondage, or they laid her on a textured surface."

"Dear god," Mykie muttered, biting her lip. Morgan just let out a sigh, staring at the poor woman. This was going to be a hell of a case. 

»  𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐗 𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍,  𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

The team sat at the table, with Reid taping and pinning pictures. JJ was speaking to the latest parents, and Rossi had just got done interviewing the first victim's mother. Victimology was vital, Mykie came to learn.