episode nine

warnings: use of guns, mentions and GRAPHIC threatens of rape, necrophilia, obvious violence, a little gore. please don't read if these things may trigger you or make you upset. happy reading loves :)

𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖉𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊:
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖈𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖌𝖔𝖆𝖙

「 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐬, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐬 」

Mykie Rivers was talented. She was resourceful. She could find herself slipping past any sticky situation. In this case, she wasn't prepared. And that was her downfall. 

She wasn't one to panic. Truly, she had more composure than she should. In this moment, it was everything she needed. Her numb fingers drifted over her bulletproof vest, somehow providing no more comfort than it did five minutes before. Morgan was urging her, and moreso Hotch, to think of another plan. They didn't have a Plan B. 

She stared blindly in front of her, glaring at the entrance to the small library. It seemed as if the world around her was in a standstill. Hotch's angry voice blurred with the response of Morgan's, and Rossi's soft voice broke her out of her trance. 

"Hotch, we can't let her go in there! And he'll know she doesn't have a weapon! He's not stupid, Hotch. He knows how to get what he wants," Morgan let out a string of curses after that, and Hotch produced a blurred response of anger. 

"Ignore them," he said gently, his eyes bleeding with kindness, "do you feel comfortable doing this?"

Mykie pondered for a moment, and her voice was soft, as if she hadn't spoken since childhood. "Take my gun," she puffed out, and Rossi quickly responded with a "what?" before her pistol was shoved into his chest. It was mere seconds before Mykie took off, and jumped over the line that separated the line of police cars and the entrance to the library. 

Rossi was stiff, still dazed at the quick interaction. This was impulsive as hell, and both Mykie and her elder knew it. Morgan screamed out to her, and Hotch had to put a hand to his chest to stop him from going.

"She doesn't know what the hell she's walking into!" Derek gritted his teeth in anger, his head twisting in disappointment. "If something happens to her Hotch, it's on you," he spit out, walking towards Prentiss.