episode eight

𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖉𝖊 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙:
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖓𝖊𝖌𝖔𝖙𝖎𝖆𝖙𝖔𝖗

𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞, 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩

THE HUMAN MIND WAS A REEL OF MEMORIES, THOUGHTS, QUESTIONS, AND A KALEIDOSCOPE OF IDEAS. Each mind is different, has its own quirks, disorders, nerves, and way of functioning. That is why Mykie thought that maybe she was insane. Maybe, just maybe, she was going absolute apeshit, and that was a feasible explanation for what was about to happen. 

"You don't have to do this if you don't feel comfortable, but it's really our best option," Rossi laid a supportive hand on her back, and she stared off into the blocked off city, lit up with sirens. Her bulletproof vest was giving her comfort, yet yeilded almost none when she came to the conclusion she'd most likely have to take it off. 

"Are you sure we have to do this, Hotch?" Prentiss stood idly, and bit her lip. Hotch sighed harshly, and glanced at Mykie. "We don't have to, we could always do more negotiating, but this is our most realistic option."

Mykie knew that she could do this, but the question was was she going to make it out?

𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝙷𝙾𝚄𝚁 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴 𝙼𝙸𝙽𝚄𝚃𝙴𝚂 𝙴𝙰𝚁𝙻𝙸𝙴𝚁

The black SUV hummed as Hotch drove down the gravel road, with only Mykie in the passenger seat. Morgan drove the other SUV, carrying JJ, Reid, Rossi, and Prentiss. The team had been called into a negotiation, but not just any. Inside a library.

The team was shocked to hear it, and even more shocked to hear that he claimed to be a serial offender, and linked himself to rape cases amongst several states, making it a federal case. The question was, why did he admit it, why was he holding a library hostage, and who was this man?

"What are you thinking?" Hotch asked, breaking the silence. It had been relatively quiet, a few mutters and exchanges amongst them while driving. Mykie took a deep breath in and glanced to him, noticing his fingers clench on the steering wheel.

"If he's a rapist, why is he holding a bunch of people hostage? Why would he openly admit to it?" she thought out loud, pulling her right knee up to lean her head on. "Okay, so what are you thinking?" Hotch asked again, weening her to her own conclusion.