episode ten

this chapter is kinda short and a filler, im sorry :/

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖊𝖓:
𝖉𝖆𝖞𝖘 𝖔𝖋𝖋

「𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐰 & 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐫, 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬」

MYKIE RIVERS NEEDED COLOR. SHE NEEDED EXCITEMENT. IT'S WHAT CLEANSED HER SOUL, AND THAT IS HOW HER AND PENELOPE GARCIA BONDED. THE WHITE AND BASHFUL HOSPITAL PROVIDED BOTH OF THEM NOTHING FOR THEIR SOUL TO FEED ON.

Mykie woke up several times during her hospital visit. She couldn't remember any of them, though, until she woke up the very last time. Soft whispers shared amongst Morgan and Garcia are what brought a smile to her very sore face. 

"Shush, she's awake!" Garcia whispered, a soft smile taking over her face as she smacked Morgan on the shoulder. Morgan scooted closer, taking her hand in his. Mykie couldn't process anything except pain and happiness. "How you feeling, babydoll?" 

His eyes were clouded with nothing but care and compassion. If it weren't for her entire abdomen feeling like it was shredded, she could cry purely on overwhelming emotion. She went to reply with a dry mouth, when her thoughts were clouded.

"Wait..." she let out in an exhausted breath, "he... he knew—" her voice was cut off by a dry cough, her breastbone searing in pain. "He knew about Jo, and my mom, he knows where they live."

"Take a deep breath, they're okay," Morgan clutched her hand tighter, and it almost felt fatherly. "Believe it or not, you mumbled out some coherent sentences while coming in and out of consciousness, and about your mom and sister."

Morgan took a deep breath in. 

"They're being watched day and night, and a separate team is interrogating Tores. Strauss told us to just worry about you for now," 

"Okay," Mykie now was able to stable her breathing. "Hotch is really upset with himself," Garcia mentioned softly, compassion pouring from her eyes. "He thought he pushed you too hard, and didn't realize what kind of situation he got us into,"

She stayed silent, the pain still rising in her body. The silence crowded her, and Mykie felt as if she had an obligation to speak. "He was kind of an ass that day, but I don't blame him. It was my choice, I could have said no. Nobody pushed me into that library."

The uncomfortable hospital bed made Mykie want to scream. The sheets were scratchy, and she was on the verge of tears. She was overwhelmed, but she didn't want to show that. This is not what she signed up for when she entered the BAU, and everyone knew it. Choking on her tears, she looked back at Garcia and Morgan, and slumped back.