I'm Gonna Be Late!

~Russia's pov~

     I groaned and woke up on the porch. Rain hit my skin like little blades as my vision tried to focus. Like a camera trying to get the perfect picture. Slowly but surely the pain kicked in from my beating. The feeling mainly laid in my forearm, which was twisted in a horrid way. I looked away from it and felt remorseful. If i hadn't gotten sick I'd be fine.
     I growl weakly and stand on wobbly legs, almost like they were already snapped toothpicks. That of which I fished out my phone from my abyss of a pocket. I wasn't sure who I would call, but I let my finger decide blindly.
     Everything hurt.
     I heard America's voice echo in my head after a few rings cut through the misty air.
     "H-hello?.. It's like- ugh midnight Russia, this better be important." America whispered. His voice was raspy, even without knowing the time you could tell he was asleep before hand.
     "Come to my house, It's too much to explain. Ill buy you food afterwards if it means you'll get your potbelly over here." I grumbled, having to pause between my words to catch my breath. I looked up at the dark sky. An abyss with water drizzling into my eyes. It hurt but I didn't mind, awaiting America's responce.
     "Fine, ill be there soon. Also you better of found something good or Im gonna be pissed." I heard rustling as America presumably changed and prepared to go into the wet atmosphere.
     I took a mental note of how bitchy America was when he is waken up. Keeping tabs on people helps you have a one-up on them, and you never know when you need it. And America wasn't exactly my friend either. I felt a pang of regret build up in my temple. I wish I called Germany or someone actually useful.
     I watched as America walked up to me with an umbrella, it was hard to tell when your eyes were of rain.
     "Damn Rus, what happened?" He asked while stepping up the porch. I heard the familiar squeak as he stepped onto the flat platform.
     "Nothing, Im fine." I stand up and hold my arm. America's eyes darted to my arm, I could tell he knew something was wrong. I groaned as my legs threatened to give out, in response I leaned on the porch door.
     "Holy shit, I'm gonna call an ambulance or something- actually follow me, giraffe." America whined, his voice slightly wavered in concern, while he dashed down the stairs. Seemingly to forget I was practically immobile.
     I took a step forward and closed my eyes, taking in how I felt currently.
     ...
     Not good.
     To put it short.
     Time passed on a flash and I found myself in America's room, sitting on his bed.
     Like some freeloader.

·¤America's pov¤·

     I finished up my call for help and looked at Russia. He was good at hiding things. Now that he's in some light, Im noticing small discolorations on his body. Some bruises were so severe, they were green or even white. What the fuck happened?
     "Did you get hit by a fucking car?" I sit beside him and watch his eyes slowly look at me. If he could, he probably would've scooted away.
     "Sure." Russia replied, clearly wanting relief from everything.
     I sigh, not wanting to push him too far, he already seemed out of it. Which was odd for him, even when he seemed like he was ignoring you, he was taking mental notes. I was cut out of my mini evaluation when Russia leaned on me.
     He was so close I could feel his breath on my sensitive skin. I froze, not sure if he was either high on some weird drug or just got knocked out hard. I safely assumed he was asleep, feeling soft breathing coming from him. Hitting my neck and shoulder, causing goosebumps to arise.
     I felt his muscles under his shirt, the fibers in his arm would tense and relax everytime he shifted. For a skinny country, he sure had muscles.
     I got caught up in daydreaming and hardly heard a car pull up. I assumed it was the E.R. since I asked them to keep their sirens off. Im surprised they are even operating at this time of day.
     "Russiaaaa." I gently shake him, not sure how heavy of a sleeper he was. His eyes fluttered open and rested at a half lidded position. A light red tint rested on the corners, showing possible stress, strain, or agitation. I figured it was the rain his eyes caught before hand.
     Russia wiped his eye with his good arm, looking defeated. I could only imagine what he was thinking. Such a strong rooted country having to bow down to a enemy and let them be in their own care. Their own mercy.
     I pinched myself, I usually never was a heavy thinker. Let alone stay on one topic for more than 5 minutes. Damn ADHD. I take my meds but sometimes it shows through when I am passionate about something. Like food.
     ------------

     I met Russia at the hospital, the entire time he said he was fine, and hospitals were to damn expensive. It was true, but what can you expect. A place who can decide if you live or not can really skyrocket their prices and still have locals come in. Who would want to drive 5 hours to deliver a baby? Not me for sure, and I can't even have babies!
     I let out a sigh of relief as I felt myself coming back. I guess seeing such a strong country stripped down to nothing rattled me. I was a strong country too, but damn.
     I sat there in the small emergency room as the doctor read out any fractures, deep bruising, and really anything else aloud. There was so much.
     Sneaking a quick glance at Russia, I saw he looked like if he died right now, he would be fine with it. I tuned out the doctor and any white noise, feeling my mind travel back to Russia. All those times I've seen glances of him while he's changing. I don't like watching people change since I dislike being watched myself, but the few glances I got of him were great. I would kill to have a body like Russia's. Muscular, skinny, tall. Oh I want to be tall so badly.
     I felt blood gather in my cheeks once I realized I was daydreaming about Russia. He was hot as hell, athletic, stunning grades, but straight. I huffed and rested my head on the back of the chair I was in. These weren't comfortable like my bed. Or Russia's lap. My mind added, making me swat the air like an annoying bug was bothering me. Save the gay thoughts for someone you can actually date America.
     ------------

     It was about 5 am when Russia finished getting analyzed and fixed up. I was asleep in the shitty hospital seats while everything was going on. So thankfully I pretty much got to skip it and get the rest of my sleep in.
     "You're lucky only your arm was broken, you got a pretty bad beating huh?" The doctor suddenly said, feeling the atmosphere was tense and depressing.
     Russia grunted a response, probably high off pain meds. "I guess so." He said bluntly and shut his eyes. He looked like he wanted to sleep, but something kept him up.
     I opened my eyes and sat up. "Shk- I uggh- I'm awake uhmhh-" I rubbed my eyes, not sure how I cought that conversation between the doctor and Russia.
     The doctor waved, still working on any paper work and other doctor things. I had to fill out things as well, to be able to visit Russia while he is checked up on.
     Having a sudden moment I brilliant relization, I check my phone almost screaming at the time. "I HAVE SCHOOL!" Russia glares and goes back to fake sleeping, while I jump out of my seat. It's like 7! I have to be at school in an hour and my house is too far!
     I say my goodbyes to Russia and the doctor, trying to be as quick as possible. I can't be late, I've had pretty much perfect attendance the entire year!
     I sprint to my house, not caring if I looked like a murderer was chasing me. In one fluid motion, I open my front door, fly up my stairs, and change as fast as I can. Occasionally checking my phone while it charges to keeps tabs on the time.
     My dad walks into my room, gently rubbing the tired from his eyes, but still trying to be classy.
     "America, be quiet for fucks sake, you woke up me and your mother and we have work in three hours. Let us have thirty more minutes." He yawned and stretched very audibly, showing how much I disturbed him.
     "Sorry, Dad." I whispered and focused on being quiet, still rushing like hell. Finally being changed, along with taking the quickest shower of my life (10 minutes), and anything else, I rushed out the door. I just hope no one asks about Russia at school.

A/N
1541 words 😳
I worked really hard so I hope you like it
Have a good day and you are amazingg 💕
Also please comment 🥺 it makes me happy reading them 🥺🥺
And the art above is mine, do you think I've improved at all lol? I worked pretty hard on it but the shading is lazy