Episode 2: Diamonds In The Sky

We managed to get back down into our Jupiter, thanks to the robot, and now we are doing repairs. I wish I could help, but I've been feeling sick ever since I woke up. I didn't want to bother Judy about it because she is still recovering. I changed my bandage and the gash on my side looks worse. It may be infected. I decide I should probably talk to Judy about it if she's feeling up to it. I don't want to pressure her after that experience in the ice.

"Hey Jude." I call to Judy once I see her in the hallway. She has an IV attached to her for re-hydration.

"Hey Auntie." She smiles at me.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"Better." She responds. "I can feel my toes again." She jokes which causes a chuckle to rise frome my throat.

"Hey, you aren't looking too good. Are you okay?" She asks me.

"Uh.. yeah. Just a little sick. But, if you don't mind, I need you to check something out." I tell her. "Are you up to that?"

"Yeah. What is it?" She asks.

"The crash. I got a little scrape and I need to make sure it's not infected." I explain.

"Okay. Come on." She leads me to the med bay and I sit on the bed.

I lift my shirt up and undress the wound, wincing as I reveal it.

"Oh, my God. A little scratch?" Judy inspects the wound.

"Heh. Is... Is it infected?" I ask nervously with a slight cringe on my face.

"Yeah. Why did you wait till now to tell me about this?" She asks in a scolding manner.

"Too much going on." I respond with a shrug.

Judy sighs then cleans and stitches the wound before wrapping it up. She takes my temperature and does some other tests.

"Looks like the infection took a toll on you. It wasn't the cold that got you sick." She says.

"Damn." I sigh.

She hands me some medicine and I take them gratefully.

"Get some rest. You need it." She tells me.

"So do you. Thank you Judy." I say as I hug her, kiss her head, then pull back.

She smiles at me before we say our goodbyes and I limp back to my room to continue drying stuff out. After a while my brother comes into my room.

"Hey. Penny saw an explosion that we think may be from a Jupiter nearby. We're going to look for survivors. Are you feeling up to it?" He asks.

I look at him with tired eyes. "Not really, sorry. Be safe." I tell him.

He nods and smiles then leaves. A little while after, I stand from my bed and walk out of my room to see our empty Jupiter. I feel it rumble as the engines roar to life before going silent again. Confused, I walk to the cockpit where I find Judy at the main console. She must have triggered the engines. It must be for something seeing that it was Judy who did it, so I don't ask any questions.

"Hey, Judy." I call to her.

"Hey, Auntie." She responds back.

"Where's Will?" I ask.

"He went with Mom and Dad to go look for survivors." She answers.

"Okay. What about Penny?" I ask.

"Knock knock." Penny calls from behind me.

"Who's there?" I ask with a smile.

Penny laughs lightly before walking into the room. I sit down at the window and look at the ice. Penny leans on the other console and starts crinkling something behind her back. She starts sighing and the crinkling continues.