Episode 3: Infestation

We're in the hub as we put our brains together to discuss where we are and see if we can try to find a solution to this mess.

"I was looking at it... I was looking for anything to orient us." Maureen says. "Anything familiar, a planet or a constellation."

"I was too. I was looking for any constellations we could see from Earth or Alpha Centauri." I say. "But there was nothing."

"It was the same for me. I couldn't find anything I recognize." Maureen says.

"Okay. I don't understand." Judy speaks up as she walks back to the table and sits as Smith enters the room. "Exactly how lost are we talking about?"

"Yeah like, 'Can't find yourself car in the parking lot' kind of lost?" Penny asks.

"Well, if this is Earth," Maureen sets a mug down on the table, "and this is Alpha Centauri," she puts a metal water bottle on the window sill, far from the table, "we are, metaphorically, maybe, a 600-year drive away. Maybe." She walks back to the table.

"Okay, so, not metaphorically..." Penny inquires with a shake of her head, gesturing for her mother to go on.

"Trillions of light years. It's, uh..." Maureen trails off. "Look, if we got here, we can get back."

"So... how do we get back?" Will asks.

"Honestly, unless the Resolute is intact and can find us, we might be stuck here." Maureen states. "Which is why I need everyone working on the problem."

"Maureen." John murmurs to get her attention. If she heard him, she chose to ignore him.

"Okay? We need to get comms operational, and we can't do that until we get the ship out of the ice. Judy, you need to get-" Maureen rambles on plans until John cuts her off.

"Maureen." He says louder.

"What?" She asks.

"I think we should take a breather." John recommends tiredly.

"What?" Maureen asks.

"Well, with the storm outside, there's nothing we can do, and I think we'd all think a lot clearer after some rest." John explains.

"I am kind of tired." Will says.

"Yeah. I think we all are." Penny agrees.

"Just and hour, Mom. Then I'll be ready." Judy says.

"Okay." Maureen says. "Okay. I will wake everybody up after the storm." She finalizes.

We all stand up to head to our rooms for some much needed rest.

"Thanks, Mom." Will smiles.

They head to their rooms. I stay back and help Maureen clean up a bit because of the fact that we just had dinner and there were plates and cups everywhere.

"Oh, no, Doctor, Y/n, don't. I've got it." Maureen says to Smith and I.

"Oh, please. Let me." Smith says.

"Yeah. I'm not gonna be able to sleep so why not." I say.

"Thank you." Maureen smiles at both of us and Smith sighs.

"Um, your family..." Maureen asks Smith the unspoken question.

"Unfortunately, I... had to leave them behind." Smith responds as Maureen takes some trays to the sink to wash them.

I give her a side glance. I don't trust Smith. You see, one of the reasons I was able to board the Resolute was because I am a Lieutenant Detective. Top of my class. I know when people are lying, and if they are a good or bad person. Smith's eyes make my instincts scream 'bad' every time she speaks to me. But I can't just instantly rule her out as a bad person when it hasn't even been a day so we'll see how it goes. I'm going to continue to keep my guard up though.