Episode 9: Resurrection

Don and I flew through space and into orbit on a piece of the Jupiter that was blasted off. Somehow we miraculously survived.

"What just happened?" I ask in bewilderment.

"Are we alive?" Don asks in disbelief.

"I-I think so." I say as we float through the orbit of the planet in zero gravity.

I decide to try and amplify my radio signal and send three consecutive beeps through one frequency to let Will know that we are okay. You see, when my brother first joined the Navy SEALs I was there with him for the first few years. When we came back I was back for good, but John decided to leave again. Will, John, and I established a code. Three beeps on one channel means that we're okay. I just don't want him to lose hope.

"What are you doing?" Don asks.

"Trying to tell the kids that we're safe." I explain vaguely.

Don sighs and sits back.

Eventually I think I break through. If Will is listening, then he should get this message.

[Meanwhile]

A few hours earlier, Will found out that the rock he got from the cave they hid the robot in was no rock at all. As Penny called it, 'Petrified alien super poop'. John once mentioned another way to get fuel and that was from recycling human waste, though it would take too long, right? Well, that cave was full of the stuff.

A team is in there, working quietly, to mine the waste to use it as fuel. Unfortunately, that team isn't the only beings in that cave. Turns out, the animals that egested the waste still inhabit the caves. That's why they are working quietly as to not wake them up. Seems Y/n Robinson caught them at a bad time. The radio that Will has slung around him, that he used to try and contact his aunt, starts beeping loudly three consecutive times. Over and over again.

"What are you doing? Turn it off." Penny says.

"Wait, it's not me." Will responds as he panics to turn the radio off. "It's not me."

"Turn it off. Make it stop. What are you doing?" Penny panics.

Will turns it off and everyone stays silent for a moment.

"Wait, it wasn't sending." Will whispers. "It was receiving." Will smiles.

"Aunt Y/n's alive." Penny says with a smile.

Suddenly the creatures start screeching and waking up. They fly down and start looking for people. Everyone starts screaming and evacuating the cave.

Victor starts to tell everyone to get out and so they all start to pile out.

Suddenly Hiroki gets carried off by one of the creatures and Vijay nearly does but Penny saves him just in time. She tackles him to the ground and out of the way.

"What was that?" Vijay asks.

"It's called,'saving your life.' Now go! Run!" Penny responds as they get up and run to the exit.

Unfortunately, the exit is blocked. Penny gets pulled to the side by Angela and Vijay follows. They sit down and stay quiet. Hiroki is there too.

"Shh. They're blind. They can only find you if they can hear you." Angela says.

They stay silent and listen to the chirping of the creatures around them.

'Let's go.' Angela gestures.

'Is she crazy?' Penny gestures.

'We walk very quietly. Step by step.'

'Sure. Then gross things fly down and eat us.'

'You have a better idea?'

'No, but... what do you think?' Penny looks to Vijay.

'He's hurt.' Vijay looks at Hiroki. 'We have to get him help.'

'Okay, okay, okay.' Penny nods. 'Let's go.'

They stand up slowly and quietly and continue to walk quietly. The creatures around them screech loudly as they fly over.

They make it to the tunnel of the exit, but one of the creatures flies through. Penny ducks as to not get hit by it.

It lands on the wall and crawls across the ceiling, right above Penny. It swings down, still latched onto the ceiling on its hind legs, and screeches in Penny's face. Penny stays quiet.

Angela grabs a rock and throws it the way they came, distracting the creature as it chases the sound.

Penny pants for air and they leave the cave. As they do the crowd starts cheering for them. Will runs up to Penny and hugs her.

"Penny!" He calls.

"Oh, my God!" Penny says in relief as she hugs her brother.

They let go. "I radioed Auntie again. She signaled back."

"Really?" Penny asks.

"Yeah." Will confirms with a happy smile.

"Where is she?" Penny asks as the walk down the hill.

"I don't know, but she's up there somewhere."

"Okay, what do you say we go find her?"

*785 words. Short chapter. Not much of you in it.

[EDITED] 802 words.