Two | the last year

"As a graduating high school student, what can you say as the campus queen?"

Three years ago, I was bullied and was foeced to move out of town— without unni and a single friend and now, became this, the school campus queen, without doing a single thing. I just studied, became careless (almost not wearing any make-up) and never really cared for others. Lots of rumors circulated that has started with me, dumping the school heart throb and playboy without a second thought.

"Nothing. This year is not really that memorable. But I really didn't know people consider me as the campus queen. That's all."

I quickly brished them off. I may sound a bit smug but I don't care. Caring would only hurt me and add another scar to my memory. It's a good thing I'm still sane. Too much memories seemed to have numbed me. "No one has ever heard of your parents. Can you tell us about them?" I stopped and gave her a look on my shoulder.

"My parents. My mom died when I was born, my dad died out of fatigue due to overwork, my grandmother died of a heart failure. What else?" The junior stilled when I answered. "Next time, please don't ask questions if you cannot bear to hear the answer."

I never needed to tell them about things. They never needed to know anyways.

-*-

"How's school, Demi?"

"It's fine. Somehow the whole school decided to make me the campus queen." I smiled a bot when I heard her laugh. "I didn't even do anything aside from dumping that famous playboy." She laughed harder. Even if we're in the same city, I can't just go to her. She's now a famous singer and she really wants me to audition. This year, I gave it a try. Maybe, I might give myself a break.

"By the way, I called not just to ask you about how you are. Your audition is already scheduled, you made it into the fifth round. You must come, 'kay?"