Six | training grounds

The following days, everyone— more like it's been the talk that the famous actress' daughter came to audition for am entertainment company. I already guessed that it'll come out. But the fact that no one in particular actually dared to confirm, I knew someone's actually behind it. They're being paranoid. I'd like to thonk that. But no, I can't since there's no such thing as being too careful.

I was the only one. And the only one they'll ever acknowledge in the family if ever. My mother was the eldest, and as her only child, I have to bear the burdens she left before she persued her dreams. When there's a will, there's a way, they always say. And I guess this saying is true. Including the fact and the efforts I made to make sure that I always come hidden and unannounced.

That's all I need to live freely. Away from the cruel people who only want to leech out those who always gain favor. I heaved out a sigh as I walked into the battle grounds— the dance studio room, whatever they like to call it. Everyone gave me gazes since I was wearing a plain, big whote shirt and some training pants, making me look unhealthy because of the extra size of the clothes I'm wearing.

I don't even care. But if they want to stare— I'll uncomfortably oblige. Besides, they don't need to know anything. All they do is feed either their inscurities or their own scrutinity towards others. Leech out energy from them emotionally. Bullying the weak. I heaved another sigh. I guess I haven't completely moved on.

And to think that moving on requires forgetting— something I can never do.

Everyone's being called one by one, checking their attendance. But one actually felt really nervous. I can see it in her eyes. Her hair is perfectly formed into a messy bun. So effortless and really surprising to me, knowing the standards of the skeptics in this particular region. I crawled closer to her, trying my best to initiate what they call a good conversation, if that's what they think good one is.

"Hey, you okay? You seem nervous." She just nodded as I massaged her palms in slow circles. "Do this whenever you do, okay?" I whispered as I c pontinued to massage her hand until she felt better. After the teacher called everyone in, she demonstrated the steps that we'll learn for the day. I quickly memorized the steps and kept it replaying in my head. "What's your name?"

"Demi."

"Miss Yin, since you seem confident that you can already perform the steps, please demonstrate in detail."

I said nothing— just heaved a sigh and stood up to demonstrate what she wants. All I can say is she was surprised since I got everything in detail. I don't need them knowing that I have such defect that is advantageously painful for my entire being. No one has to know anything. And that's something that keeps you safe. Sometimes, having zero knowledge is better than having the high IQ. Who knows what curse it brings you.

"You may sit. As for the others, I'll give you ten minutes to master the steps. To get it perfectly just like how miss Yin did."

I heard gasps amd whispers of disagreement. I even received glares from people that I don't even like to care about. But, the more that I won't care, the safer I'll be, in the least.

*

After practice, I walked the distance to JYP soul to have my shot of french vanilla. The taste reminds me of life in its finest. All bittersweet— with the bitter taste standing out than the sweetness. To me, that's what life is. But in the corner of my eyes, I saw the boy—man—guy with the fox-like deep eyes. He was there, smiling at his friends like nothing's ever wrong in this world.

And I think that makes me hate him, then myself. I can just wish that I had those too.