Chapter seven

Everyone watched as the casket was lowered into the ground. Betty sobbed, watching the four individual roses her, Veronica, Toni and Cheryl had left were pulled down too. Her eyes stung and her heart ached. She looked over at Jughead and Veronica, Veronica was hugging Jughead and crying. Cheryl and Toni were holding each other while also crying. Eve stood next to Betty, holding Aero and crying into his fur. He licked her nose and she sniffled, giving him a kiss. Betty looked ahead and saw a familiar red-haired boy walking up to them. She bolted towards him and ran into his arms.
    "I missed you so much." She wept into his chest.
    "I missed you too, but I'm back, I'm here now." He rocked back and forth on his feet not letting her go.
    "I can't believe he's gone."
    "Me neither."
    Archie Andrews was always Betty's best friend. When she and Jake got together in high school Archie made an effort to become his friend, and he did. He was even the best man at their wedding and is Eve's godfather. Cheryl, being the godmother. Betty pulled away from the hug and grabbed Archies' hand, pulling him to her side. He picked up Eve and kissed her on the cheek. Aero barked, jumping up on Archies' leg. Betty picked him up and he stopped barking.
    Jughead stared over at them, confused. He knew he had feelings for Betty, but he didn't know if Archie was more than a friend. Maybe that was why she wasn't with him. He was obviously wrong, but he got in his head. Archie kissed Betty on the cheek and pulled her close to him with one arm, while still holding Eve with the other. After the funeral, everyone went home, Archie came home with Betty and everyone else staying in the house. Since there wasn't an extra bedroom he stayed in Betty's room. After about half an hour they came out. Betty was smiling, bigger than jughead has ever seen.
    They headed into Eve's room and tucked her in. Archie headed back to Bettys' room and Betty day next to Jughead on the couch.
    "So you and Archie are close."
    "Ya, we're friends."
    "Close friends."
    "Yeah, I guess...why?"
    "I don't know, you seemed like more than friends."
    "No, Archie is like my brother."
    Jughead shrugged.
    "Juggie, are you okay?"
    "Yeah, it just seems like he makes you happy."
    "Well, yeah. He's my friend."
    Jughead shrugged again.
    "Juggie, are you...are you jealous?"
    "No, just interested."
    Betty smiled, getting up. "Well, I'm going to bed. I'll see you in the morning." She said, kissing him on the cheek.
    "Betty."
    "Yeah?"
    "You're wonderful, your husband was a lucky man."
    Betty smiled at him and walked back to her room.