Chapter Nine

"What's wrong Betty? You look harrowed?" Cheryl asked.
    "Before you saw the video of your dad shooting Jason, did you have a feeling that he did it?"
    "Yes, deep down I believed that. Why do you ask?"
    Betty took a deep breath. "I think...I think Tallboy did this."
    "Jakes friend, why would he do that?"
    "Because Jake became a cop and he didn't. Tallboy never came around anymore after that. He hated that Jake got whatever he wanted. The wife, the kid, the job. I feel it, Cher."
    "Betty, they're still going through all of the evidence. Jughead works there, tell him about this."
    "I..."
    "I know it will be uncomfortable for you, but this is something we all need to know. Maybe you can finally move on if you find his killer."
    "Okay, I'll go down to the station and find Jughead." Betty sighed
    She walked down to the sheriff's station where Tom Keller sat writing something about an arrest. Drunk driving. Betty tore her eyes away from the papers and smiled at him.
    "Betty, hi! I have news for you, Jughead Jones matched the bullet in your husbands head, but we don't know who bought them yet."
    "I actually came here to see Jughead."
    Sheriff Keller raised an eyebrow at her. She smiled. "Trust me, nothing is going on there, despite what Kevin may think."
    "He's down the hall and to the left." He said with a chuckle.
    Betty went down to where Jughead was and leaned up against his desk. He turned around from what he was looking at on the counter and jumped, seeing her there. He leaned up against the counter and crossed his arms over his chest.
    "Betty, what...what are you doing here? I thought you didn't want to see me anymore."
    "Well, I actually came here because I think I know who killed my husband."
    "And?"
    "I think it was Tallboy."
    "A serpent, you're starting to sound like every other north side who had their noses up your husband's ass."
    Betty blinked a few times, taken aback by Jughead's words. "Well, they were best friends and he was always jealous of what Jake. Right before Jake got on the force Tallboy tried to get on and didn't. Then Jake died. I think Tallboy did it."
    "I'll look into it, Mrs. Cooper. Is that all?" He asked.
    "Oh, um, yes."
    "Okay, well, I have a lot of work to do so I would appreciate it if you would leave."
    Betty left and Jughead released a breath he had been holding since he saw her. Sheriff Keller walked in, staring behind him before walking into Jughead's desk and looking over at him.
    "Mr. Keller, how can I help you?"
    "Oh, um, I got the list of people who bought bullets within a week of the murder. Why was Betty crying?"
    "I don't know." Jughead sighed.
    "Are you two fighting?"
    "His can you fight with someone who told their friend to tell you that they never want to see you again," Jughead said, grabbing the list from Sheriff Keller.
    He scanned the list and saw the most recent purchase before Jake's death. Tallboy.