Tying Trouble (Part 1)

King Gristle was sitting on his throne, just playing his keyboard.

Suddenly, Bridget came into the throne room.

She said, "Hey, Grissie, want to see my new shoes?"

Gristle replied, "Sure, babe."

Bridget held up her new, fancy lace-up shoes with heels.

Gristle said, "Sweet, babe. Let's see them on."

Bridget then got a little nervous, "Maybe later?"

Gristle insisted, "Nonsense. I bet they'll look great on."

Bridget then said, "How about we talk about our dinner date tomorrow night?"

Gristle replied, "Oh, yeah. I'm so excited. You can even wear those new shoes."

Bridget then said, "Actually, I've got a confession to make."

She then leaned in and whispered to him, "I don't know how to tie laces."

Gristle then gave her a slight chuckle, "Is that all? No worries, babe. I'll show you how to tie them."

She said, "Thanks, Grissie. You're the best."

Gristle then started by sitting down and untying one of his shoes.

Bridget sat down next to him and watched him.

Gristle then said, "Ok, the first thing you do is grab the laces with your own hands and then you...uh...you got to...loop the, the..."

Bridget asked, "Are you sure you know how to do it?"

Gristle replied, "Bridgie, please, shoe-lacing requires peace and quiet."

Bridget said, "Ok, ok."

Gristle then said, "Ok, where was I?"

He then just stood there for ten seconds.

He then said, "I got it! The first thing you do is start with the right shoe!"

He then untied the right shoe, but he still couldn't remember what to do next.

Chad was there and said, "Your laces are still untied, sir."

Gristle went at him, "Well, nobody asked you, Tod!"

"I'm Chad, sir."

"Whatever!"

Bridget asked, "Is everything ok?"

Gristle nervously replied, "No. I mean, yes, it's fine. I'm just...having a brain-fart. Everything's a little unclear. I just need a minute to think. I remember how to do this. I just need to get the steps together."

Bridget just said, "Ok, well, let me know when you've got it."

As she walked out of the room, Gristle said, "Will do."

Gristle then said to himself, "I can't believe I forgot how to tie my shoes. Well, I've always had someone do it for me. But, if I can't do something as simple as tying my shoes, Bridget might not think I'm a man!"

He hyperventilated for a second, but then calmed down as he said, "Keep it together, Gristle. I know! I'll just hide this from Bridget so she'll never know!"

He turned to his pet gator, Barnabas, and said, "Does that sound good, Barnabas?"

He only got rolled eyes and a low growl.

Gristle just said, "Aw, what do you know? You're a gator. Well, time for bed."

However, it's not easy to walk with untied shoe laces.

He took just one step, and *splat*, he went overboard.

He tried again and again, but he kept falling over.

So, he just dragged his whole body across the floor and into bed.

He said to himself as he started falling asleep, "I'm sure I'll remember after a good night's sleep."