Trollstopia Games (Part 3)

It was the final event of the Trollstopia Games.

Branch announced, "And so, the Games will conclude with the most difficult competition; The Ice Archery finals. Ice archers, take your places!"

One member of each team took a bow and a good amount of ice arrows and took their place behind a red line with a target a few meters away from them.

Smidge said while watching with her friends, "Those aren't your average arrows. They freeze whatever part of the target they hit. Whoever encases their entire target in ice first wins."

Tiny then asked, "Where's my daddy?"

Poppy also came down, "Yeah, where is Guy?"

Biggie covered Tiny's ears as he said, "He wouldn't come. We tried to talk him into it, but he wouldn't listen."

Cooper said, "You can have his extra seat, though."

But, Poppy already left to go find Guy.

***

Guy was moping around until he heard Poppy calling him.

He tried to make it look like he was still packing.

Poppy said, "Enough of this moping around, Guy. You're coming with me. Now."

Guy said while grabbing a hat and coat, "Ok, fine. I'll come. Can I at least wear these?"

While they were walking, Poppy said to Guy, "Honestly, Guy, I don't know why you're being so hard on yourself."

Guy answered, "I've let everyone down. Twice. You never let anyone down, so you don't know what that's like."

Poppy responded, "Are you kidding? I've totally let people down. That's not the point. The torch got lit; the teams got their medals. No harm, no foul. And besides, Tiny was still so proud of you. If you don't come, you'd really let him down."

Guy said, "You're right, Poppy. Let's go."

***

The archers were picking up the pace with shooting the arrows.

Satin said, "Ooh, this is so exciting! If our team wins, we win the medal count!"

Chenille said, "But, if Techno Reef wins, they'll be tied with us."

Satin said, "Whatever. At least, we won't lose."

But, one of the archers rushed too quickly grabbing an arrow and tipped over the arrow's container.

When he tried to shoot an arrow, he slipped on the container and the arrow shot up into a cloud, freezing it solid!

It started to descend into the stadium.

Everyone saw and was terrified.

The Techno and Classical Trolls flew up to it to try and slow it down.

Trollex shouted, "Steer it towards the field! Away from the crowds!"

Smidge shouted, "Oh, my guh! What do we do?!"

However, Guy looked around and saw one of the Hard Rock guitars and immediately grabbed it.

He shouted up, "Trollex! Trollzart! Move out of the way!"

The Techno and Classical Trolls did just that.

Guy then used the power of the guitar to break apart the frozen cloud.

Parts of the cloud then fell into the stadium into many harmless pieces.

Everyone cheered.

Tiny shouted, "That's my daddy!"

At the side, the Snack Pack and leaders met up with Guy.

King Quincy said, "We just wanted to thank you personally for saving those Trolls and the Games, Mr. Diamond."

Queen Essence said, "You must be very proud!"

But, Guy said, "I guess."

All went, "You guess?!"

Barb asked, "What do you mean, 'you guess'?!"

Guy said, "I just saw what needed to be done and reacted. I just happened to have the guitar. If anyone of you had it, you would've done the same."

Delta said, "Forgive me for being blunt, sugar cube, but you're not making a lick of sense."

Guy said, "It's just how I feel."

Poppy said, "Wait a second. I think I get it. You keep saying you let everyone down, but we keep saying you didn't. You know who was disappointed in you, Guy? You. And only you can make it right with you again. What would that take?"

Guy answered, "I don't know. Can you turn back time? I'd sure love a redo on the opening ceremony. And maybe avoid humiliating the Techno Trolls."

Trollex said, "Actually, I thought that was kind of funny."

Queen Essence said, "Well, we can't turn back time, but would you do the great honor of joining us when we light the fireworks for the closing ceremony."

Tiny said, "Come on, Daddy. I'm proud of you know matter how many screwups you do. And I think you can light some fireworks."

Guy looked at his son's and friends' smiles and said, "I guess I have to at least give it a shot."

Everyone cheered.

Guy Diamond joined the leaders for lighting the fireworks, and all went well.

Pop Village won the medal count and every Troll was still full of pride.

After the fireworks show, Poppy made an announcement,

"Before we all head home, I just want to thank you all for your participation and good sportsmanship. However, in all of this excitement, one of us did take the time learn an important lesson in life. No matter how many times others tell you you're great, all the praise in the world means nothing if you don't feel it inside. Sometimes, to feel good about yourself, you have to let go of the past. That way, when the time comes to let your greatness fly, you'll be able to light up the whole sky."

Everyone cheered and Guy and Tiny gave each other a supporting hug.