Trollstopia Games (Part 2)

Two Trolls came up to Guy Diamond.

One asked, "Mr. Diamond, can we get an autograph?"

Guy said, "I'll do you one better."

He took the notepad and then started thinking really hard.

Everyone just watched with confusion.

When Guy was out of breath, Poppy whispered to him, "Guy, we really need to talk."

He gave the notepad back to the Trolls and said, "Better be careful with that. Might burst into flames later. Delayed reaction."

He went with Poppy and Barb joined them.

He asked, "So, what do you need? Hold on, hold on! Give me a second. If I can set fire with my mind, mindreading must be just around the corner and I predict that you are about to ask me to set fire to something with my mind!"

Poppy said, "No, Guy. Because you can't."

Guy scoffed and said, "Oh, really? Then, how do you explain what happened down there in front of thousands and thousands of-"

Barb said, "I did it, dude. I used my guitar to do it for you."

Guy then made a sad face, "In front of thousands and thousands..."

Barb said, "I'm sorry, man. Everyone was waiting and I couldn't stand to see you stuck like that."

Poppy said, "She was just trying to help. You understand, don't you?"

Guy said with tears in his eyes, "I...I need to be alone right now."

He then left.

***

It was time for the next event of the Games.

The event was a relay race.

Smidge said while watching with her friends, "If Pop Village medals here, we'll have eight medals so far, putting us tied for the lead with Techno Reef. *Gasp* Unless Techno Reef medals here, too."

Meanwhile, Guy thought to himself, "Maybe there's something else I can do for the Games. Something really worthy of Trollstopia's admiration. Something I can't screw up on. I can't let Trollstopia down. I can't let my friends down. I can't let Tiny down. Again."

Branch announced, "Remember, after this event, we will play the anthem."

Guy then said with excitement, "That's it!"

The race had ended; The Techno Team got first place and Pop got second.

Branch made his way down to the center of the stadium and announced, "Congratulations to all our medalists. And now, the anthem of-"

Guy suddenly shouted, "And I shall do the honor of singing!"

Everyone cheered.

Branch whispered to him, "Guy, what are you doing?"

Guy answered, "You know how they always just play the music? Well, I know all the words to our anthem and will sing them for you now, loud and proud, for the enjoyment of all!"

Everyone cheered again.

Branch just went with it, "Um...ok. And now, the Techno anthem as sung by...Guy Diamond!"

But, Guy Diamond got confused and worried, "Wait, the Techno anthem?"

Branch whispered, "They decided to only play the anthem for the winners, Guy. The winners are Techno Trolls!"

Guy got really frantic, "But-But, I don't know the words to the Techno anthem. I've never even heard it!"

Tiny shouted out from the crowd, "Sing for us, Daddy!"

Once they started playing the music for the anthem, Guy got really frantic and just improvised.

As he sang made-up words out of rhythm, the audience made faces of confusion and embarrassment.

Guy Diamond was clearly embarrassed the whole time.

Although, Tiny Diamond never heard the anthem either, so he thought Guy was singing it correctly.

When the song finally ended, the whole stadium was quiet, except for Tiny, who shouted, "Nailed it!"

***

In one of the bedrooms, Guy was all alone, until the Snack Pack came into the room.

Biggie asked, "Guy, are you alright?"

Guy said, "I guess. Don't expect me to come out though."

Smidge said, "But, you've been moping in here for almost the entire Games."

Legsly said, "And tonight's the closing ceremony."

Guy said, "Which means they leave tomorrow. I might as well just start on the packing."

Smidge said, "Packing for who? We live here."

Guy said, "There's no shame in helping them get a head start."

Cooper said, "Well, I hope you're not gonna try and pack up your troubles."

Satin said, "But, what about Tiny?"

Chenille said, "Yeah. He's still so proud."

Guy said, "And he'll be even more proud if I just stay out of the way."

The Snack Pack looked at each other and just left.