Branch Bum (Part 1)

Poppy, Branch, Barb, Trollex, Smidge, DJ Suki, and Cooper were on a road trip in a caterbus.

Everyone but Branch started singing their version of 99 bottles, but with friends hugging.

"99 friends in the pod that need hugs

99 friends that need hugs

Take whichever you please

And give them a squeeze

98 friends in the pod that need hugs-"

Branch honked the horn said, "And we gave all 98 of them one group hug. Song over! Now, please, stop distracting the driver."

Everyone groaned and Poppy said, "Branch, I know being in an unfamiliar territory is putting you on edge, but singing songs is part of a road trip, like playing I spy."

Cooper said, "And finger painting!"

Smidge said, "Finger painting's not a-Never mind."

Trollex said, "Yeah. I mean, singing songs are one of the ways to pass the time."

Barb said, "It's what we did on my World Tour."

Everyone looked at her.

Branch just said, "No, there are only two objectives to any road trip. One: arrive at destination safely. And two: return home safely. No detours."

Poppy said, "I wish, just once, you'd stop worrying about danger. Detours are half the fun."

Barb said, "Yeah, man. It's so boring just passing by the same things and not looking at something new."

Branch said, "Sorry. I mapped out a precise route, avoiding impaired roads, predators, and wormholes. So, all we're gonna do is stay on the course I marked here in red."

But, Branch noticed some of the red markings were painted on the map, "Huh? Was someone playing with my map?"

Cooper said while covering the others' faces with red paint, "Define 'playing'."

All the others went, "Uh-oh."

The caterbus then suddenly went off a cliff with everyone screaming.

Suddenly, something appeared at the bottom.

Poppy shouted, "Look! It's a wormhole!"

Branch shouted, "Brace yourselves for impact!"

The caterbus got stuck in the wormhole, but coughed up everyone inside, sending them through the wormhole.

They ended up landing in an ocean.

Barb said, "We just went off the rails in a crazy train!"

Shark fins then started swimming around them, "Sharks!"

They all screamed and swam as quickly as they could to a nearby island.

They all looked at the island once they got there.

All but Branch were in awe of its beauty.

Trollex said, "Wow. So cool."

They all then heard Branch grunting and some thudding.

Branch was chopping a fallen tree.

DJ asked, "Uh...Branch, what are you doing?"

Branch answered, "I'm making a boat to sail us back to the wormhole and get us home."

The boat was already half-built.

Smidge asked, "We've only been here two minutes and you've already built a boat?"

Branch said, "Half-built. But, I'd be done by now if I didn't have to answer so many questions."

Poppy said, "Branch, hold on. We can go home whenever we want. Meanwhile, this is just the kind of detour I was talking about! Let's explore!"

Trollex said, "Yeah. This does look like a nice place. It beats a usual route."

But, Branch answered, "No way. We're too exposed here."

Poppy continued, "Come on! It's a tropical paradise!"

Barb said, "Yeah, man. This could be a good place to chillax. And besides, exposed to what?"

Branch grumbled and said, "There's no such thing as a paradise, you guys. There's danger everywhere."

Trollex said, "I don't see any danger here, man."

Branch said, "You don't have to see it for it to be there."

Poppy then said, "Ok, then. If you're sure it's so dangerous, prove it."

Branch asked, "I'm sorry?"

She then started chanting, "Prove it. Prove it..."

Branch said while she continued, "Poppy, you're not gonna keep me from building by chant-"

The others started to join in, "Prove it! Prove it! Prove it! Prove it!"

Branch finally caved in, "Fine! I'll prove it! Come on, Poppy. I'll show you how dangerous a mysterious island can be."

Trollex said, "Count me in! I wanna see this island, too."

Barb said, "Yeah, this ought to be good."

Branch said, "Fine. The rest of you, stay here where it's safe."

As they left, DJ and Smidge were already sunbathing and Cooper was buried in the sand as a sea turtle.

Smidge said, "Yeah, we had no intention of following you. Bye-bye!"