Finding My Way Back Home To You

Jiraiya P.O.V:

I was walking down the mountain with all of my bags, incredibly heavy. Half of it is filled with books, and I also have to carry the old toad. I have started writing my novel, which I know for sure would be a hit, The Tale of a Gutsy Ninja. My palms were all sweaty, and my heart was beating faster as I took every step with such precision and care, I was going back home. Home to Konoha. I was going to see her again, after so many years, I regret my last words to her. I bought her a necklace, a promise necklace for Sayu-chan that no matter what I will always be with her. I just hope she accepts my love for her.

"Jiraiya boy, you don't have to worry so much" the old toad said, "It's not like your going to face a war all on your own"

"Well I'm going to have to face her sister, and she punches me harder than anyone else ever has" Jiraiya said quietly, "and what if she has fallen in love with someone else? what if-"

"That's not possible," the old toad said, "Akari, her teacher always keeps me updated on her, there hasn't been a day gone by without her mentioning your name and love in the same sentence" he said.

"How do you know?" I asked

"Akari is a trusted friend of mine and a motherly figure to that Sayuri girl, and I prefer to talk about your love life, it's more interesting than Gamabunta's rambling." he said.

Throughout the whole way sage toad kept trying to convince me to stay calm but I just couldn't, my excitement had doubled and I started looking around nervously. I'm 17 now, and the war is about to start, it's a dreadful time for everyone in Konoha. The second Hokage is in more tension than ever, and my sensei could be appointed to be hokage at any moment.

I entered the land of fire, it was 10:00 in the morning, a feeling of uneasiness washed over me, I clung on to my bags harder and kept running. After an hour or so the old toad started pestering me to rest as usual, so I sat down and took our my scrolls. I felt the bushes moving around me, and got up.

Someone jumped out, it was a man with long black hair, and onxy eyes. He stared at me vengefully, I stood there confused by the situation.

"Jiraiya the Toad Sage" the familiar voice rung out, "how does it feel to have everything going your way?"

"Katsu Suzuki?" I asked hesitantly, "I thought you were dead"

"Yes, so you do remember Jiraiya, days of our childhood where you stole the girl I loved from me. I was proclaimed but I never was, I plan on taking my payment for those remorseful years. Payment with your life." He said dangerously.

I am not dealing with this right now, he called out, "Water style: water bullets" I dodged the jutsu, he kept calling out more which I kept dodging. It gave me enough time to create a hand seal, I needed to continue to waste his chakra, he was just as good as me.

I threw it at him, which he didn't have time to react to and it burned him. He screamed and cried in agony, I wanted to reach out to help but I couldn't he was a rouge now. No longer a friend. I felt guilty and tried to reach out to him, but sage toad held me back,

"This man has ruined a lot of people's lives... As much as he was your friend, he is a criminal who hurt your friends." Sage Toad said solemnly.

He wasted most of his chakra, it was my turn to start firing back, "Fire style: Great fireball jutsu" I said and roared out fire, he stumbled back attempting to escape but that was a killing blow.

"I guess you win after all Jiraiya" he said "keep her safe"

I nodded solemnly, "We need to talk to talk about this to Hokage Sama" the old toad said gravely, I nodded, and we continued on our journey.

By nightfall we reached the Hokage tower, I was standing outside of Hokage sama's office.

"You may come in now" he said through the door. I peeked through the door and saw my family, Tsunade, Orochimaru and Sayu-chan. I smiled and walked in silently.

"Our mission was a success Oji-chan no wonder we're called the sannin even though we are currently missing a member" Sayu-chan said happily.

"Well not anymore you aren't" I said

All three of them turned their heads to me, and Hokage sama smiled, which I smiled back to. Orochimaru has gotten paler and taller he smirked at me. Tsunade stood there astonished, and Sayu-chan just kept staring at me, I met her gaze, tears glistened in her eyes.

"J-J-Jiraiya?" she said

"The one and only at your service hime" I said mockingly bowing to her, she wiped the tears from her eyes, and ran towards me and hugged me which I willingly took. I hugged her back, and I noticed my shoulder was wet, I glanced back at her, andshe looked at me.

She was crying, I was very surprised, "your finally back" she said quietly, she looked down again in embarrasment, and I put my hand under her chin and raised up her face so that she could see me. I nodded tears threatening to fall down from my eyes, and hugged her again. Her face was buried into my chest which made me feel instantly warm. I smiled down at her, and she whispered into my year to never leave her.

I nodded, and gently stroked her hair.

"I'm sorry for getting your shirt wet" she said.

I chuckled, "Don't worry about it"

"Glad to see you too Jiraiya" Orochimaru's voice drawled out, I playfully glared at him.

"Please can I get the first invite to your wedding?" Tsunade asked. Orochimaru chuckled and came over to me and gave me a hug.

Tsunade gave me a quick hug and winked at me and Sayu-chan. She blushed and turned bright red. I chuckled, and noticed that she had changed, in a good way of course. The perverted side of me was about to take the reins but I was swiftly interrupted by Sage Toad.

"As much as I would love to see you all reconnect, Jiraiya and I have something to discuss with the Hokage"

"Do we have to go?" Sayu asked

"No you can stay, I wish Dan was here as well" I said and my wish was granted as soon as the words left my mouth.

"Jiraiya!" He said smiling.

I smiled back and chuckled as he hugged me and I hugged him back, "the whole gang is back together again I s'pose" he said, "except for Katsu" he said bitterly.

"About Katsu..." I said exasperatedly.

It took us a while to explain everything to everyone but all of them were shocked, Sayu was unmoving, but then seemed to calm down, "he deserved it" she said, "he had murdered innocent civilians, because they didn't want him to became an advisor to the hokage"

Dan and Orochimaru nodded solemnly, Tsunade looked at me sadly and nodded, "It had to be done"

"I'll send the black ops there" Lord Hokage said, "but in the mean time welcome back Jiraiya" lord hokage said smiling slightly, I nodded and smiled.

"You can stay in the Senju compound in the meantime" lord hokage said.

"Thank you Hokage Sama" I said.

The whole group walked ahead of me outside, the old toad stayed back to talk to the hokage, and I shut the door. I was swiftly caught by Sayu and she kissed me full on the lips, it wasn't my first kiss but I was very surprised, but I kissed back. I smiled at her, and she smiled back.

"I've been waiting forever to do that" she said