Chapter 06

*A/N - This is for Krist and Singto who did not deserve that amount of backlash for a simple yet distasteful joke.

Kongpob's POV

I know I was impulsive when I threw that question at him. But it is the most important question I've ever asked Professor Arthit and I badly wanted him to say yes. After asking the question I simply kept looking forward and driving pretending to be casual and cool about it when my heart was doing 180 in a 30 mph zone.

I felt Professor Arthit look at me but I didn't take my eyes off the road, being the responsible driver that I am. My nerves were stretched tight and it was all I could do to not commit a traffic crime. 

'P'Arthit?' It was a question. I simply nodded with a 'hmm...' risking a glance at him. To my relief he looked thoughtful and not offended or anything.

'Hmm... I guess it makes sense that you feel like that. After all I'm only four years older than you.' You being only four years older than me has nothing to do with it but baby steps sir, baby steps.

'Sure, why not. But remember-'

'Not in front of staff or other students.' I finished taking my eyes off the road to smile at him.

'You got it.' He said with one of his disarming smiles. God! his smile is going to be the death of me. And someone else if I don't concentrate. I quickly looked forward since I didn't want to spend the night behind bars for causing an accident. 

 We soon arrived at the hot-pot place nearest to our campus. It was a Chinese restaurant and choosing this restaurant for our, only-I-knew-it-was-a-date, date was a strategic decision. For one it was close enough to the campus so that it won't be burdensome. It was far away and upscale enough that students from the campus don't frequent it. It had perfect ambiance that bordered on a friendly romantic vibe. 

I parked the vehicle and got down with P'Arthit. God! When ever I think of him as P'Arthit, the inner me is doing a dance and song unrivaled by the best of performers. It tickles my heart to think that I share a special bond that nobody in the entire university shares with my P'Arthit. God, that feels awesome to even think about him as mine. There's a teenage drama queen inside me who's squealing and giggling and doing the whole shebang.  

Of course none of the inner elation was visible when I walked with P'Arthit towards the restaurant entrance. We kept a light chat going on with a variety of topics ranging from weather to college politics after we were seated at a table for two by the window overlooking a beautiful lit garden.

P'Arthit was very curious about the SOTUS system we had going on at the engineering faculty. Apparently he's been underage when he'd completed his bachelors and this had let to the seniors not involving him in any hazing activities. And I needed no further encouragement to tell P'Arthit all about SOTUS, my vital roll in the system as the head hazer and some of the most hilarious things that had happened to us throughout the years.

My P'Arthit was the perfect listener. He'd gasp at the right moment laugh when I expected him to laugh he was horrified but fascinated at some of the unorthodox methods we used to discipline the juniors. I couldn't stop talking especially in front of such enthusiastic audience. I think I talked with P'Arthit on that night more than I've ever talked on previous dates. But then again none of my previous dates could make me feel like this even without their clothes on, whereas  P'Arthit just had to smile on that very first day for me to fall head over heels for the man.

One might think this was just a school boy crush on a very good looking, talented and impressive teacher and that many of his students felt strongly towards P'Arthit. And the funny thing is I have absolutely no way of debunking such a theory. I could only rely on the way I feel whenever P'Arthit was even mentioned in a conversation. My heart would speed up and my heart couldn't help but feel an urgency to just see the man's silhouette or at least hear his voice. Many a times you'd catch me passing by P'Arthit's class on the pretext of some bullshit reason I'd give to my friends, just to hear his voice or catch a glimpse of him through an open door or window.