Chapter One

A hot and humid September afternoon at Eden Hall Academy, Y/N Y/L/N had found a shady spot to study. She slid her legs under the picnic table to have a seat, took off her book bag, and set it on the grass next to her. Y/N got out her Physics textbook and opened to where her lecture had left off for the day.
As she was reading, she heard doors opening harshly and a cluster of people shouting.
"You ducks are gonna pay for this!" "You better run!" "You're all dead!" etc... She lifted her head up to see that the Varsity hockey team is causing all of the noise. Her eyes shifted over to the 3 figures running through the courtyard, away from the Varsity team. She chuckled, knowing that whatever happened to Varsity, they truly deserved.
Still focused on the figures in the courtyard, there was one in particular that caused her cheeks to blush. He was wearing a Red Hot Chili Peppers shirt, plaid pants, and a dark bandana that covered his rich, black-brown hair. She's seen him before, but couldn't think of his name.
"Y/N?" Y/N snapped out of her trance, looking up to see her friend, Connie.
"Oh, hey! You scared me." Connie giggled, "Sorry! I saw you out here, and I needed to ask a really quick question about class today."
Y/N sighed lightly and smiled, "Sure thing! Whatcha need?" Connie unfolded her worksheet, searching for the question that needed to be answered.
"Um, what is momentum?" Y/N sat for a second, her mind was still flooded with pictures of that boy in the courtyard.
"Uh, sorry, its mass multiplied by velocity."
Connie furrowed her brow in concern, sitting down across from Y/N.
"Are you okay, Y/N? You seem kind of out of it."
Y/N sighed, "Yeah, I'm fine. I just saw this really cute guy in the courtyard, and I pretty much froze when I saw him. I couldn't think about anything else but him, that's why I took a minute to answer your question."
Connie nodded, "Aw, you've got a little crush? That's so cute, Y/N! Who is he?" she asked.
"I couldn't tell you, I know that I've seen him before. I just can't put a name on him." Y/N stated.
"Well that sucks, hun. I'm sorry to hear that." Connie said.
Y/n shook her head, "Meh it's okay, I'm sure I'll see him again. Then I can learn his name, finally." Both girls shared a laugh before Y/N stood up with her book and book-bag.
"I'll see you later, Connie! Wanna study back at my dorm tonight?"
Connie shook her head, "I can't, I have practice. How about tomorrow night?"
Y/N nodded and smiled, "Sure thing! Have fun at practice."
Connie rolled her eyes and chuckled, "Thanks!"
The girls waved goodbye while walking opposite directions. Y/N looked down at her feet as she walked down some steps into the courtyard to head back to her dorm. Suddenly she felt shoulder collide with her cheek, causing her to miss the last step and fall flat on to the grass, her textbook slides across it.
"Oh, my bad! Are you alright?" She picks herself up and moves to pick up her textbook. After picking it up, dusting it off, and clutching on to it, she turns around to answer the one whom she bumped into.
"Yeah, I'm..." The first thing she sees is his shirt. Red. Hot. Chili. Peppers.

A.N: hi yall! Its been a long time since I've written any kind of story/piece of literature, so if you have any kind of constructive criticism please please PLEASE comment it. Any way to make this better, comment it and I'll apply it to the next chapter! Thank you!