Chapter Twelve

"I'm so excited! I don't think I've ever been to a hockey game before." she blurts excitedly.

Fulton chuckled and squeezed her hand,

    "Really? Have you ever seen one?" he asked.

Y/N nodded,
    "Oh yeah I have, my dad's from Philidelphia, he loves the Flyers. Hockey season was always his favorite time of the year."

    "That's cool, does anyone else in your family like hockey?"

    "Eh, I used to watch games with my dad all the time when I was younger. My brother's a baseball fan, and my sister doesn't watch sports."

    "What about your mom? Does she like sports?"

Y/N paused for a second, she realized she never told him about her mom.

    "Oh, um. My mom used to watch hockey with my dad."

    "Used to? Why doesn't she anymore?"

    "Uh, she died in 1993."

Fulton's eyes went wide,

    "Y/N, I'm so sorry."

She leaned her head onto his shoulder,

    "It's okay, you didn't know. I don't mind talking about her, anyhow, it's fun to look back and remember her."

    "I understand, I just feel bad. Um, do you mind if I ask how she died?"

Y/N shook her head,

    "No, I don't mind. She was killed in a drunk driving accident."

Fulton squeezed her hand tight,

    "Oh my god, that's awful."

    "Can we talk about something else?" she asked.

Fulton nodded,
    "Yeah, of course. Uh, what do you do for fun?"

Y/N lifted her head off of his shoulder,

    "Um, actually I like to cook and bake. Every Christmas, I'm in charge of making a cinnamon and cherry Bundt cake. It's so good,"

Fulton bushfully chuckled,
           "Well, you'll have to make it for me sometime."

Y/N nodded,
           "I'd love to, only if you help me."

The bus arrived outside of the arena, the two got off and began to head inside. When they got inside, Fulton gave her hand one last squeeze before heading to the locker room.  Y/N followed other students to the entrance of the audience. She found herself a not-so-crowded seat and watched the ice.

The arena began to fill up quickly, people chit chatted as they waited for the players to come out.
Applause erupted as the Blake Bears entered the ice and circled around the rink before skating to their team box. Even louder applause came when the Warriors came onto the ice. Y/N pointed out Fulton right away, she waved to him. He took off his helmet, gave her a wink, and raised his stick to her.

The teams lined up on the ice and each took off their helmets, facing the flag. The crowd stood up and put their hands on their chests, the national anthem started to play. When it ended, some players returned to their boxes, and the rest went into their positions on the ice. One player from each team met in the middle of the ice with a referee, starting a face off.
The Warriors got control of the puck, Charlie soared down the ice to the net and scored the first goal of the game. Y/N stood up and cheered with the rest of the crowd. Warriors still with the puck after another face off, 56 shot the puck right into the goalie's face, which caused them to fall. Fulton swept up the puck, scoring the second goal of the game. Y/N shot up from her seat,

      "Nice, Fulton! Wooo!" she cheered.

Another goal was made by the Warriors, but the one who made it, number 22, couldn't stop on his skates. He crashed into the wall after jumping over the net.

      "They are on fire! I'm impressed." Y/N said to herself.

Number 7 made an impressive shot after he bounced the puck on his stick, and shot it into the goal. The crowd was roaring. Number 4 had control of the puck before having his foot hooked by a Blake Bear. The puck was passed off to Fulton, he slammed the puck towards the net. Number 23 from the Bears caught it, causing him to spin around and around before it slipped out of his hand and into the goal. Y/N shot back up and cheered,

       "Yeah, Fulton!"

After a few more goals that ended the second period, the score was 9-0. Y/N was sure they were going to win this game, almost by default. The grin on her face said it all, she couldn't have been more proud of Fulton. The third period began with another face off, Bears took control of the puck...

Towards the end of the third period, Charlie was hooked. The Bears scored, Charlie got up and swung his stick against the goal post, causing it to snap in half. Y/N's stomach began to knot up because of that. She shook her head as he was brought to the penalty box. The Bears scored goal after goal, it made her anxious. After Charlie comes out of his penalty, the score is 9-8.

Warriors have control of the puck, Charlie is on a breakaway to the goal. He's hooked once again, the puck was left alone as it moved towards the net. It stopped, not crossing the blue line. The Bears took the puck back and scored right at the buzzer.

      "Oh my god," Y/N whispered.

After the teams shook hands, they all exited the ice. Y/N stood up and filtered out of the crowd with everyone else, she went out to wait for Fulton. After about 20 minutes, they started to come out of the locker room with their pads and jerseys still on. Fulton has anger written all over his face,

      "Hey, why do you still have your gear on?"

He shook his head,

    "Varsity took all of our clothes and put them in the shower."

      "You're kidding. Do you want me to go get you clothes?"

Fulton nodded and opened his bag to get his key.

     "Here, just pick something out, I'll probably be in the locker room when you get back."

Y/N nodded,

     "Coolio, I'll be back soon."

She went to the exit and waited at the bus stop right outside.

When she got to Fulton's room, she went into his closet. She picked out a dark green and black flannel, a black Nirvana shirt, and a pair of dark olive cargo pants. She also picked up his deodorant that was sitting on his dresser. She went to her room to grab a drawstring back to put his clothes into. After packing the bag up, she locked his door and her door then went back out to find the bus stop.

Once she got off the bus, she speed walked back into the arena and was off to find the locker room. She knocked on the door before opening it slightly.

     "Is everyone decent?"

     "It's just me in here, Y/N."

Y/N sighed before opening the door all the way, Fulton sat on the bench. She handed him the bag with his clothes.

      "Okay, here you go. I also put your deodorant in there just in case."

Fulton had a half smile,

      "Thanks,"

      "So Varsity really put your clothes in the shower?"

Fulton stood up and walked over to the showers, Y/N followed. She looked down to see a pile of wet shirts, pants, and shoes, then looked up to see dripping shaving cream on the wall that wrote 'Freshman Stink'.

      "Wow. What jerks. Do you think you're gonna respond?" She asked.

       "Not sure yet, if we do it's gotta be bigger."

        "Oh yeah, it should be. I'm gonna go wait outside the door. No rush, take your time."

Fulton held onto her arm, pulling her close to him. He leaned in and gave her a heartfelt kiss.

     "Thank you, I won't be long."

Y/N smiled,
         "Coolio,"