Chapter Seven

"Sorry I was kind of awkward, I was nervous."

Y/N furrowed her brows in confusion,

"Why were you nervous?"

"It's just that, I felt really bad about the shirt. Then when you kissed my cheek, I just stood there. I barely said a thing to you."

Y/N chuckled while shaking her head,

"Fulton, you don't have to apologize for that. I didn't want you to feel like you needed to do anything. Also, I wanted to, and I'm glad I did."

Fulton smiled at her, just as infectious as always. After throwing the trays in the garbage, they head back to their table. Everyone grabbed their bags and started to head for the exit. Connie pulls Y/N aside, while the rest of the gang kept walking.

"You guys were there for a while, what did you talk about?" Connie pestered.

"He apologized for being awkward and not doing anything after I kissed him. I told him to not be sorry, and that I wanted to kiss him."

Connie's nose scrunched up slightly, both girls began to continue along.

"You two are so adorable. At practice that same night he made you fall, we all could tell that something was up. He was all blush and smiles."

Y/N's butterflies grew larger, her smile now a million times bigger.

"I can't wait for tomorrow, he's gonna be so excited to see you there," Connie added.

"I can't wait either, we all should go out after!"

Connie nodded vigorously,

"Oh my god, yes! You and Fulton can double date with me and Guy. There's a little ice cream spot right outside of campus."

The girls caught up with the rest of the group.

"Where'd you guys go?" Sydney asked.

"Nowhere!" Connie protested.

"I highly doubt that, but okay," Fulton added.

They all made basic conversations with each other, seeing how Guy has never met Y/N or Sydney, and Sydney hasn't met anyone besides Connie or Y/n.

"I saw you guys play in Los Angeles last year, I was thoroughly impressed," Sydney stated.

They all thanked her for the compliment. Y/N had somehow made her way next to Fulton, their hands would brush together every-so-often as they walked, making them blush. Everyone had dispersed into different directions as they got closer to the classroom buildings. Y/N had entered the Math and Science Center for her first class of the day, Algebra. As she went up the stairs to the math unit, someone had run into her. Their books fell out of their hands and down the stairs, she quickly moved down to help pick them up.

"I'm so sorry! Here, let me help you." She said, sincerely.

"Get away from me! You've done enough."

Y/N looked up, it was Sydney's boyfriend, Curtis. His cheeks had turned red with anger.

"I said I was sorry, you don't have to be rude."

"Whatever, get out of my way, bitch."

Y/N's jaw had practically hit the floor. She turned around to continue going upstairs, muttering to herself.

"What an arrogant, douche. I cannot believe that he thinks he can treat people that way."

It was 1:00, and Y/N had finished her last class for the day. After exiting the classroom building, she decided that she was going to go back to her dorm room to get her work done early. It was a gorgeous day, the sun was out, students were out enjoying themselves and soaking up the sun. Y/N could smell the flowers that had been planted by the Green Club; daisies, petunias, tiger lilies. She had a bright smile on her face as she walked back to her dorm. She entered Simmon's Hall, fumbling for her keys once again. When she got to her room, she noticed her door was already open. All of Sydney's stuff was gone.