Chapter Fourteen

They made their way back to Simmon's Hall and stopped at Fulton's door.

"You wanna come in?" he asked while unlocking his door.

Y/N nodded,

"Sure!" she gleamed.

He opened his door, letting her go inside first. She sat in the love seat near his bed.

"I'm gonna change real quick, I'll be right back," He said.

"That's fine," Y/N replied.

He went into his closet and shut the door, after a minute, he came out with his Nirvana shirt and a pair of black basketball shorts. Y/N took in his pure beauty. His hair framed his face just right, but her thoughts were cut off,

"You like what you see?" he snickered.

Her face turned bright red, like a tomato. She behind her hands.

"I was spacing out, oh my God."

Fulton moved her hands away from her face, looking her in the eyes.

"It's fine, I can't help that I'm so good looking." He teased.

She rolled her eyes. She grabbed a pillow from his bed and hit him playfully. He stood with wide eyes and a smirk. He grabbed another pillow and hit her with it, gently.

"That's all you got, tough guy?" she retorted.

She hit him harder than she did the first time. Soon enough they were hitting each other repeatedly with pillows, laughing until they had tears streaming down their faces.

"Come here!" he happily grumbled.

He snuck up behind her, wrapping his arms around her torso. He picked her up and body-slammed her onto his bed. She squealed in excitement, still laughing.

They both landed on the bed, laying sideways. They were slightly sweaty from swinging pillows and laughing at each other.

They turned their heads to each other, Y/N ran her hand through his hair. Fulton snaked his arm over her hips and pulled her closer to him. He pressed his lips to her forehead,

"What are you doing tomorrow night?" he asked.

She shrugged,

"Not too sure yet, why?"

"No reason, just curious."

He smirked to himself, which made Y/N begin to wonder what he had up his sleeve.

"What are you up to?" She asked him.

He smiled and shook his head,

"Nothing! I'm not up to anything," he defended.

Y/N got up out of bed, grinning, then stretched out her arms.

"Yes, you are, troublemaker. Well, I should probably go back to my room."

Fulton got up from the bed,

"Okay, I had a great time with you tonight. Thanks for coming back to get me clothes, by the way. I owe you one," He stated.

Y/N shook her head,

"You don't owe me anything, I told you we're even now,"

Y/N leaned in and cupped his face, sharing a goodnight kiss.

"Goodnight, Fulton. I'll see you later."

He sighed before giving out a light smile,

"Goodnight, Y/N."

She went out of his door and went back to her room. She sat down on her bed, took off her shoes, and laid back to stare at the ceiling.

"Hey, mom. It's been a while since I've checked up on you... I hope heaven is treating you well. How do you like Fulton? I think he's special, definitely a sweet soul."

As if on cue, her phone screams on the hook, waiting to be answered. She got up and went to pick it up.

"Hello?"

"(A nickname your parent would call you)! How are you?"

Her face lit up,

"Dad! I'm great, how are you?"

"Just fine, doll. How's that school treatin' ya?"

"Really well, actually! I've made a couple of new friends, I just got back from a hockey game."

"Cool! Did you guys win?"

"No, we had a 9-0 lead, then we tied in the third period. It was disappointing."

"Oh, I'm sure it was nice while it lasted. Tell me about your friends!"

She began to blush, thinking about Fulton,

"My friends are on the hockey team that I saw tonight! There's Connie, Guy, and Fulton, all are great people."

"Do I need to keep an eye on those two boys?"

She chuckled,

"No, dad. Guy and Connie have been dating for a couple of years and Fulton and I are just friends.

Her stomach turned as she had just lied to her own father,

"Okay, I'm glad that you've found your crowd. Are they any good?"

"Yeah! They were Team USA in the Junior Goodwill Games last year!"

"No kidding? I remember watching them! They were amazing."

"How are Claire and Jacob?"

"They're doing great! They miss you, Bunky and I do, too."

Y/N chuckled,

"Aw, I miss you guys, too."

'Alrighty, hon. I just wanted to check up on you, make sure you're doing okay. I'm gonna let you go now,"

"Alright, dad. Goodnight, tell everyone I said hello,"

"Will, do. Nighty night,"

"Night."

She hung the phone back up on the hook and went to get ready for bed. She washed her face, brushed her teeth, put on some comfortable clothes, and climbed into bed.

A knock on the door pulled Y/N out of her slumber. The sun almost blinded her when she opened her eyes, her hair was a frizzy mess. She pulled off her covers and got up to answer the door. She opened the door to see Connie and Guy, fully dressed and smiling.

"Good morning sunshine," Connie greeted.

Y/N smirked and rolled her eyes,

"Morning, what are you guys doing here?"

She walked away from the door, allowing them to come inside.

"Well, we thought that you'd like to join us for breakfast? We want you to meet some more of our teammates," Connie suggested.

"Okay, um, I just need to get ready real quick."

"Cool! We'll be right outside,"

Y/N nodded as they went out of her room, she shut the door behind them. She peered over to her alarm clock, 9:30. She grabbed a spray bottle with water, a comb, and went over to her mirror. She lightly spritzed her hair and detangled her hair, making it look nicer than when she woke up. When she finished, she put on deodorant and went to find an outfit.

She put on a pair of acid wash denim shorts, a long-sleeved, tie-dye Led Zeppelin shirt and a pair of brown Birkenstocks. She spritzed on some Juniper Breeze from Bath and Body Works, giving herself one last look into the mirror before grabbing her wallet and going out the door.