Chapter Ten

They returned to Fulton's room, it smelled like cupcakes thanks to Y/N's candle. He blew out the candle, closed his window, and put his pipe away. The radio continued to play in the background. Y/N picked up her backpack, slinging it over shoulders.

"I had a lot of fun tonight, we should do this again," she said.

Fulton nodded, moving closer to her.

"I did, too. I would love to hang out again. How about tomorrow night, after the game?" he asked.

Y/N nodded,

"Yeah! Connie's going out for ice cream with Guy afterward, and she said we're welcome if we wanted to join them."

"Oh, that sounds like fun, I'd be down for that."

Y/N took Fulton's hands and looked into his eyes. They leaned in, locking lips, then pulled away.

"Goodnight Fulton, I'll see you tomorrow,"

He smiled with crimson cheeks,

"Goodnight, Y/N."

Fulton opens his door for her, she walks out before waving to him, then turned around to walk to her room. When she got to her room, she could not stop smiling. The butterflies in her stomach were the strongest she's ever felt. She began to look around her room and realized that she had no one to talk to about her night.

"I've gotta do something about this."

She grabbed a scrunchie off of her dresser, put her hair up, and rolled her sleeves up. She began by pushing Sydney's bed next to hers, making one, big, bed. She moved her desk into the spot where Sydney's bed used to be.

"Ooh, I still have that Alice in Chains poster I got at Mall of America over the summer," she said.

She went to her wardrobe and grabbed the poster off of the shelf. She grabbed some scotch tape out of her desk drawer and hung up the poster above her bed. She stood back and took a look at the room,

"Well, it's a start. There's still more I can do, but I'll do it later, I'm tired," she mumbled to herself.

Her alarm clock on her desk read 9:30, which meant that she had to start getting ready for bed. Her Clearasil bottle still sat by the sink from the last time she washed her face.

She gave her face a quick wash, changed into a pair of sweats, turned off the lights, and climbed into her new bed. She had a little trouble falling asleep, being uncomfortable while alone in the dark.

She tossed and turned for a few minutes before getting up to turn on her desk lamp, giving the room a little light. She climbed back into bed and closed her eyes. She recalled the events that took place that night, a smile appeared on her face as she pictured Fulton in her head. Her mind began to slow with the passing time, she fell into a deep sleep.

The alarm clock screamed, it was 6:30. Y/N slowly opened her eyes, stretched, and got up to turn the clock off.

"Jesus, why is it so early?" she asked herself.

She did one more standing stretch before walking over to her wardrobe to pick out an outfit. She grabbed a pale yellow t-shirt with a daisy on it, a pair of high waisted Levi shorts, and the same pair of vans from yesterday. She changed out of her PJs, put on lotion, and deodorant. She changed into her outfit, threw on a belt, and spritzed herself with Gingham perfume from Bath and Body Works.

As she put on her backpack, her phone rang,

"Hello?"

"Good morning!"

It was Fulton, her heart began to race,

"Hey! Good morning to you, too. What's up?"

"I just was wondering if you wanted to get some breakfast before class?"

Y/N's stomach was in tight, tight knots,

"I would love to! Should I come to your room?"

"Nah, I'll stop by yours, I still gotta get ready. I'll see you in, like, 10 minutes?"

"Yes, you will. See you then!"

"Alright, bye."

She hung the phone back on the hook, her smile said it all. She radiated joy. 10 minutes later, on the dot, there was a knock on her door. She opened the door to see a smiling Fulton, with his backpack on his shoulders.

"You ready?" he said, holding out his hand.

Y/N nodded and accepted his hand into hers, lacing fingers

"I am, how are you this morning?" she asked him.

"I'm pumped up for the game, but I'm still kinda tired. How about you?"

"I'm good, but also tired. I had a lot of fun with you last night, I can't wait to watch you play today."

Fulton gave her peck on her cheek, which made her smile.

"I can't wait for the game, we're gonna crush them."

Y/N laughed.

They made it to the dining hall, Fulton held the door open for her. They got their trays, loaded up on the food they wanted, and each paid for their meals. They made their way to a two-seated table and sat across from each other.

"Who are you guys playing against today?" Y/N asked as she took a bite of her eggs.

Fulton finished chewing before answering,

"Uh, the Bears, another freshman team," he said.

Y/N nodded, continuing to eat her food. They didn't say much because they kept eating, but they would occasionally look up at each other and acknowledged each other. Once they finished, they both got up and threw their trays away. They grabbed their bags, laced fingers, and walked to the exit. Fulton held the door open for her, again.

"You're such a gentleman, it's adorable," she said

Fulton rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah." he pouted.

Y/N lightly pinched his cheek as he smiled,

"Aw, the big bash brother doesn't like to be called a gentleman?" she mocked.

He pushed her hand off of his face,

"I appreciate the compliment, but maybe I don't," he blurted.

He put his arm around her shoulders as they continued to walk and laugh. When they get to the classroom buildings, they give each other a quick peck before walking to their classes.