Chapter Seventeen

They laced fingers while they continued on.

"What time do you have practice?" Y/N asked.

"Uh, 2 to 5. From what I was told, we're gonna try and go over plans for our next game,"

She nodded,

"I see, I see,"

She looked up to see a large outdoor clock on the outside of a building they were passing, 12:30.

"What time do you have to leave?"

"Eh, around 1:30ish, why?"

She shrugged,

"I was gonna go back to my dorm and do homework so I can just get it out of the way. I also have to figure out a way to get that liquid nitrogen plan in the works... and I don't wanna make you late somehow,"

He shook his head,

"Nah, you won't make me late. But, I'll walk you to your room?" He asked.

She nodded,

"Thanks, Fulton,"

When they came to Y/N's door, she gave him a light peck on his cheek.

"I'll see you later, Fulton. I had fun this morning," she stated.

"Me, too. See you later,"

They shared a smile before Y/N opened her door and went inside. When she closed the door, she sighed and went to get her homework out of her backpack to get started. As she started to sit down at her desk, the phone rang. She rolled her eyes, standing back up to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Fulton,"

She chuckled,

"Hey, what's up?"

"I forgot to tell you, I want you to meet me at the arena after practice. 6:00, actually,"

"Uh, okay. Why?"

"I can't tell you that, I'll see you then,"

"Sounds good, bye,"

"Bye,"

She hung the phone back up,

"Weird. Oh well, let's get all of this out of the way,"

After a few hours of planning and homework-doing, she had finally finished. She looked at her alarm clock right next to her, 4:30.

"Perfect, I have time to shower," she thought to herself.

She grabbed a clean towel, her toiletries, and an outfit. She had a pair of straight leg Levi's and a long-sleeved, leafy green crop top.

When she finished her shower, she deodorized, lotioned, and put on her outfit. She grabbed her things to go back to her room to get her hair and face ready. When she got back, she combed her, still wet, hair, and put in the products that she needed for it.

After she finished, she grabbed her makeup bag and sat in front of her full body mirror. She curled her eyelashes and put on some mascara. She finished off her look with a light spritz of her Juniper Breeze body spray before looking back at her alarm clock, 5:30. She grabbed her wallet and put it into her front pocket, just in case she needed it. She left her room, locked the door, and went to catch a bus to the arena.

When she arrived, she went inside and saw Connie waiting for her.

"Hey, Connie!" Y/N greeted.

"Hey, hun. Come with me,"

"Okay, um, Fulton told me to meet him here at 6. Where is he?" she asked.

Connie shook her head and chuckled,

"You'll see, just come on,"

Connie grabbed onto Y/N's arm, practically dragging her to the ice rink.

"You look fabulous by the way, where did you get that top?" Connie asked.

Y/N looked down at her top, then back up to Connie,

"Um, Wet Seal. I went shopping with my Aunt before school started," she replied.

"It's really cute,"

"Thanks! Where are you taking me, again?"

Connie chuckled, again,

"I told you that you'll see,"

She opened the door to the ice rink, the space was only lit up by the natural light from the large windows and some tea lit candles that were placed around the border of the ice. Fulton was in the middle of the rink with a bouquet of flowers. Y/N had a huge smile on her face,

"What is all this? Is it for me?" she asked Connie.

Connie nodded,

"All for you, babe. You're gonna want these, by the way,"

Connie handed Y/N a pair of ice skates. Y/N then sat down to put them on. When she did, Connie opened the entrance to the ice, so she could skate over to Fulton.

"You look beautiful, Y/N," Fulton said.

He handed her the flowers,

"Thank you so much, what's all this for?" she asked.

He grabbed onto her free hand,

"Y/N, I knew from the moment I met you, that you were an amazing girl. I've been looking forward to this for the past few days. And after spending time with you in the Ag room today, I can't wait to ask you this any longer. Y/N, will you be my girlfriend?"

Y/N was speechless, a huge smile crept upon her face.

"Oh my god, Fulton. Yes! Yes, I will be your girlfriend!" she answered, proudly.

He picked her up in a hug, she laughed in excitement. After he set her back onto the ice, he pulled her in for a passionate kiss.

"She said yes! Guys, she said yes!" Fulton shouted.

The rest of the team came out onto the ice after hiding behind the doors to the arena. They were all cheering and clapping. All congratulations alike were shared from the team. They all began to skate around, laughing and joking with each other. Y/N held onto Fulton's hand as they sailed around the ice. After they finished and exited the ice, they all sat down to take off their skates.

"Oh, I have a detailed plan for varsity by the way. Does anyone know when their next practice is?" Y/N asked.

They all looked around to each other before Charlie spoke up,

"Monday at 3:30," he stated.

Y/N nodded,

"Cool, okay. So, I think that Russ, Julie, and Kenny should meet me at the back entrance of the Math and Science building at, like, 3. Then, you guys can take it to the locker room and get it on their clothes. If someone stops you, just say that your teacher asked you to move it to storage."

"What if it doesn't work?" Kenny asked.

"Trust me, it will." Y/N reassured.