Chapter 26

The surprise in question is waiting for us behind a closed door. I stare at it, a bit dazzled by the comfortable room, tastefully decorated with its immaculate tiles, the light, flowery scent floating in the air and especially the discreet luxury it shows in its equipment. The double-persons hot tub is already running, water gurgling discreetly, whose music is accompanying the drinking fountain's in a corner of the room. In the middle of it lies a true feast in the form of a picnic basket set on a white tablecloth, the whole thing sprawled across a large coffee table. But the highlight of all this is unquestionably the fluffy loveseat, with leather looking as soft as butter, on the other side of the table.

Aden puts his arms around my waist in an embrace both familiar and exciting, and whispers in my ear:

"Well, what do you think of it?"

I snuggle against him, wiggling my hips in the process in a very fetching and teasing manner.

"I think that's perfect..."

I turn in his arms.

All I'm feeling right at the moment is a desire so heady it's almost a presence taking up occupancy in my heart and lungs and groin.

I want him.

In every way I can have him.

Aden must have guessed my thoughts as he's surging forward against me, his mouth hot and insistent against mine.

"Ethan..."

The way he drawls my name, the way it sounds in his mouth makes me moan out loud.

I watch his pulse fluttering in his throat, rabbit-quick with yearning. Mine is not far from adopting the same pace.

I slowly take a step back, enjoying very much the rasp of his tongue on my neck.

"Come on, lover boy..." I whisper. "There's a hot tub waiting for us here and I for one have every intention to enjoy it."

He smiles back at me, his eyes glinting with a heavy dose of lust.

"You call me by another name earlier..."

I admit it takes an embarrassingly long moment to remember what he's talking about. I stop in my tracks, blinking at him. I feel my cheeks flushing as I'm reminded of how I called him "my boyfriend" when we were in the pod, facing the intruder.

"Oh... Right."

Aden walks close to me, hands on my hips, fingers already kneading the small of my back.

"Did you mean it?"

The temptation to joke about it, to say "of course!" in an amused air is overwhelming. But I take one look at his face, how serious it has turned and I know I owe him the truth.

"Yes."

Crazy how a single, short word can turn you into a quivering mess.

It's as exhilarating as it's terrifying.

But all my doubts fly out of the window as I see Aden's smile.

A surge of affection bursts in my chest, so strong it feels like my heart is exploding, and I gasp, breath shaky, as I press my lips to his. With a hum that vibrates through his chest, Aden draws back, buries his nose in my hair, smoothing a hand down my spine.

"Come on, then, boyfriend. Let's get us into the hot tub."

After many kisses exchanged, hands wandering on heated skin and playfully swatted at a well as clothes falling on the floor one by one, we're finally sitting in the hot tub. The water is just the right temperature and feels fantastic on my skin, but I only pay the slightest attention to this, amazing as it can be. Aden and I are sitting across from each other, the water at mid-chest level. The tub is small enough that our legs or feet touch every time one of us moves. I raise a brow at Aden, who is looking at me with fake seriousness. It doesn't take more than one second till his countenance breaks and he's giggling.

"What are you doing there?" I protest. "Come here!" I add, reaching out to him.

He doesn't tease this time. He just pushes himself across the tub to where I'm sitting. I pull his floating body into his arms and directly find his mouth with mine.

It's slow and deep and deliciously wet. I feel him getting harder against my belly. The hungry sounds he's letting out excite me further.

He backs away, looks at me with this intensity I've learned to recognise and appreciate.

"Ethan..."

My name on his tongue. His fingers on my chest, trailing down slowly. His ardent gaze watching me.

Suddenly, it doesn't even matter we're both hard.

Because this moment, right here, between us is not a one-off or even a session between fuck buddies.

It's a slow, determined seduction and the man I'm holding in my arms is the only one with whom I've felt like this.

Safe. Cherished.

He leans in, coaxes my mouth open and slides his tongue against mine. A frisson of heat runs down my spine and settles in my gut.

"Ethan..."

"Aden..." I whisper back.

This is how it feels to be truly desired.

To be loved.

By someone not afraid of saying the word aloud.

It feels wonderful, to tell the truth.

His weight on me, his body against mine, every kiss, a declaration, every touch, a confirmation.

Boyfriend.

Lover.

And all this is mine.

Mine.

A part of me still can't believe it.

"Believe it, love," he says against my parted lips.

We are both breathing hard, our chests flushed and heaving. I can see his pulse beating rapidly, and his eyes... His eyes are hot molten pools focused on me.

And only me.

"You're so hard... Want me to take care of it?" he murmurs, swirling his tongue in my ear.

"You seriously expect me to say no to this?" I drawl back before crying out when his hand seizes me under the water.

He crouches closer to me. We are rubbing against each other and Aden's hand is a wonderful stimulus. I hear myself chanting his name again and again. I should... reciprocate in some way but the truth is, it's just too good, too intense.

I can't speak, my eyeballs are practically rolling in my skull. I exhale and it comes out as a throaty moan, louder than I intended.

"Aden!" I cry out.

"Come on, love, let it go... I'm here to take care of you. I promise."

And it's all it takes.

Sparks of pleasure arise, followed next by the sensation of feeling more connected than I've ever imagined two people could possible feel.

White heat surging in my veins, in my whole being.

I barely hear Aden panting against my wet skin, reaching completion shortly after me.

Pulling me in his arms afterwards, promising again never to let me go.

Our mouths joining in a very tender, very slow kiss.

That's when I realise I'm no longer on the brink of the unknown, wondering if that man lying on me would ever catch me in time.

Truth is, I've already taken the plunge. 

☕️☕️☕️

Enjoyed your read? Vote, share and comment!