Chapter Thirteen

I shot up as a ache ran across my back, sweat dripped from my chin and pooled into my lap. What the actual fuck is happening?

I looked around the room quickly, silky sheets brushed around my feet.
I was somewhere I've never been before.

Muffled footsteps headed towards the room and the knob slowly twisted and clicked quietly as if to make as little noise as possible.

light poured in the room as the door opened, who came in following the light was none other than Ein.

I stared at him as my body trembled.
"you- what?- you crashed- Ein what the hell is happening?!!"

Eins slate gray eyes seemed to sadden with my words.

"Aaron, we didnt crash."

I clenched my jaw,"What do you mean we didnt crash? I remember it vividly! you swerved and- and-" I didnt remember anything past that.

"Yes, Aaron, I swerved.. because there was a squirrel in the road and i couldnt live with myself if i hurt it."

confusion seemed to radiate off of my body.

"We didnt crash, but in a way you did."

I just shook my head.

"you had a panic attack and started screaming... which is why i was apologizing; Look I know its hard to believe but Aphmau said it could be hysterical hallucinations."

"Hold on- You're asking Aphmau about what is wrong with me?" Anger bubbled in my stomach

Ein looked me directly in the eyes and said.
"I had to."

the shaking began to increase as i stood up.

"Why?"

he huffed and threw his hands in the air.
"Aaron you were married to the woman for nearly six years! She's a professional, and she knows you and has known you since middle school, she was my best option."

I licked my lips silently.

"How do you expect speaking with Aphmau.. to help me?"

Ein stepped towards me and grabbed my hands, "I dont know, Aaron. All I know is I dont have many options and she was actually willing to help."

I sighed and looked down at our feet.

"How are we going to fix me?"

Ein pulled me close and stroked my hair.

"You dont need to be fixed, honey."

While that phrase was nice to hear, it was bittersweet.

I knew he truly wanted to believe that, but he was wrong, I do need to be fixed.
I just wish I knew what to do.