Ch 12. Even Better

Life was gonna be good for us. Michael has started recording his newest album. We were excited for our wedding, which wasn't going to happen for another year. One night Michael got a call from his mother. "Yeah. Uh huh ok. Thanks mama will be there. Love you too. Bye." "What was that all about?" "Mama is planning a family get together at her house. She wants us all to come and stay for a couple days." "And?" "And..... what....?" I rolled my eyes. "Never mind." "Hey, what's wrong babygirl?" I let out a sigh. I hadn't been feeling well recently. I'd been nauseous and tired and Michael hadn't really be around recently due to work. He has been busy and I had been feeling awful so we hadn't seen each other much. "I just... we haven't seen each other much and I just feel awful at all time." He sat down and took my hands. "Is it too much to ask for you to just take a pregnancy test?" "Michael we've been over this it can't be that it really can't." He scoffed, got up and walked over to the large window. "Just please Beth, we need to know. I hate seeing you like this can we at least know?" "Fine I'll do the damn test." He sighed and walked back over to me, wrapping his arms around me. "I'm sorry baby I'm sorry." "It's ok Michael I just- I'm sorry." He kissed my forehead. "This weekend will be good for us." I smiled weakly. "I hope so babe I really hope so." "I love you Bethy." I reached up and kissed him gently. His fingers traced my skin and moved down my tights. I felt free again. I felt loved.

Two lines. I shrieked as I looked down at my pregnancy test. Michael came barreling around the corner. "Bethy what it is it are you ok?" "MICHAEL" I giggled and held up the test. His expression changed from concerned to surprised to excited in a matter of seconds. He picked me up and spun me around, laughing all the while. We touched foreheads together as we laughed. I cupped his face and kissed him softly. He laughed again. "I'm- we're- we're going to be parents." "Yes we are." We grinned even bigger at each other. He kissed me again. "We should get packing then." When we arrived at Joe and Kathrine's house, we were greeted by a chorus of children's voices calling out "UNCLE DOO DOO AUNTIE BETH!" followed by different children trying to all tell us their stories all at once. Brandi ran over and pulled in Michael's shirt. Michael looked down and smiled at her. He picked her up with one arm and took my hand with the other. Together us and our entourage made our way inside, where we were greeted by another wave of family. We played with the kids until dinner, playing tag and "the floor is lava" and Michael had snuck some water guns in and we played outside with them. Brandi clung to my hand as we ran down the hall to hide from Michael. We hid in a corner and giggled as Michael playfully stomped around pretending not to see us. "Where could they be?" He asked with a grin on his face. He bent down and tickled Brandi. "Found you!" He shouted. Michael picked up Brandi and kissed her in the top of her head. "Kids! Bedtime!" Brandi sighed loudly. "Uncle Doo Doo don't make me go to bed. Please." He smiled down at her. "Oh baby you need to go to bed now. I'll see you in the morning Brandi." We walked wearily you to our room and collapsed in to the bed. He cuddled me and whispered "I love you." "I love you more." "I love you most." The next morning we gathered everyone in the living room. I rightly gripped Michael's hand and bit my lip. He grinned down at me. "Well what's this all about?" Janet piped up. I looked at Michael and then at the family. "Well um, there's no fancy way of putting it-" "We're having a baby." Michael interjected, tired of holding in the surprise. "Surprise!" I said as the family started shouting and yelling and laughing in excitement. In the chaos Michael caught my eye. "I love you" he mouthed. I reached up and kissed him before the attention turned to us with many congratulations and hugs all around. Once again the family was together.