Ch. 15 Looking Up

Michael called Bill. "Hey Bill... yeah can you come over real quick? We got somewhere to go... Yeah thanks man.... hehe I'll tell you when you get here... Bye." He looked down at me and grinned. I smiled distractedly and Michael caught notice of that. "Beth what's wrong?" "I don't know Michael it's just... well are we rushing things? Why can't we slow down and have a ceremony, you know your folks want to come so badly and well I don't know it almost feels as if we're betraying them." He tilted my head up to meet his eyes. "Then maybe we won't today but let's at least go on a date night." I smiled. "Sounds wonderful." Bill arrived and took us to go get food, upon which we were swarmed with the press and screaming fans. Michael clutched my hand as we pushed through the crowds and masses.  After dinner, again we made our way through the crowds, Michael offering me his arm before we went through the sea of fans and press. He signed some autographs and then we hopped into the waiting limo, the screaming fans trying to follow causing a struggle to get the door shut. Michael waved as the car started to leave, and I saw some fans disappear, I could only assume they passed out. Michael turned back to me, looking a bit stressed. I reached up and twirled my fingers in his curls. "Are you ok Michael?" He let out a sigh like he had been holding his breath through it all.  He shook himself and turned to me with a smile. "Yeah baby I'm fine." He leaned forward and said something to Bill. We drove for a long while, most of it in silence as he played with my wavy hair and I just laid my head on his chest and lazily drew circles with my fingers. The car stopped and at that point it was so dark outside  I couldn't see but Michael got and out walked around to get my door. He offered me a hand with a mischievous grin. "M'lady." I looked at him quizzically, taking his hand and getting out  straining to see what was around us. There was a faint light coming from somewhere but I couldn't see where. Michael lead me through what was obviously a wooded area, and the farther we went in the more my anxiety grew. I used to enjoy surprises but after everything I'd been through I hated them, especially when it involved walking through the woods at 10:00pm. He lead me through to a lighted clearing, filled with fireflies and a couple of lanterns hanging from the surrounding trees. Flowers and moss covered the grass and the willow trees gently moved with the light breeze. The air was cool and dry and the moon reflected off a stream nearby. It was something out of a fairy tale. Michael watched as my face lit up with childlike wonder. "Do you like it?" He asked sheepishly. I looked at him, grinning from ear to ear. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, resting my forehead against his. "I love it." I whispered. Michael kissed me gently as we slowly swayed back and forth  to absolutely no music. We laid down on the grass and stared up at the trees and the fireflies, feeling far away from all of the hubbub of everyday life. Michael looked over at me, seeing that I was getting sleepy he bit his lip. "We should maybe get back Bethy." "Hmm?" He chuckled and got up, helping me up and carrying me back to the car. We drove home, and the movement from the car sort of woke me up. " I love you Beth." Michael said in his low husky voice. I looked up at him lovingly. "I love you more Michael." We fell quiet again until I couldn't stand it. I reached up and pulled him into a kiss, which lead to us making out in the backseat. The car pulled up at neverland and Michael pulled me out of the car and into the house. We practically undressed as we went up the stairs to the bedroom. Bill chuckled and shook his head as he watched the door shut. I pushed Michael onto the bed and I toppled on top of him, his hands stroking my body gently, being careful because some of my scars were painful. He rolled me over on to my back as he kissed up and down my body. I moaned loudly, grateful we lived alone in this house. We made passionate love that night, for the first time in a while. Afterwards as I started to fall asleep, Michael stroked my hair gently, singing to me as he too struggled to stay awake. I fell asleep on his chest feeling happy to have found someone as wonderful as he.