Chapter Eight - Storm

A/N: Every chapter I'm going to have a little question.

This chapter's question: Who is your favorite character so far?
Comment your answer!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Queen was a large, slender dark gray dragon. She carefully stepped into the room. "Hello" She repeated.
Storm took a instinctive step closer to Ember. "T-that's the queen!".
Ember smiled. "Aren't we so lucky? Almost no one gets to see her!".
Strike, who was still standing by Ash, had his mouth hanging open.
Ash cleared his throat and jabbed Strike in the shoulder. "Queen Lightening, welcome! We're so glad you could make it!".
The queen frowned. "I don't have much time. Now, who's assessment is it?".
Strike took a step forward. "It's mine, m-ma'am".
The queen looked down at him and tapped one talon on the floor. "Oh, hm, your a bit smaller then I expected".
Strike looked down. "Um, well, I'm old enough...".
Queen Lightning around. "I see everything is still the same. Long time, no see, Ash. How is everything going?".
Ash bowed his head. "Everything is going great, your majesty. The students are learning so much and soon there will be more ready for their assessment".
"Good. Now, what's your name?". She tapped Strike on the back.
He straightened up. "Uh, Strike, your majesty".
She smiled a bit. "Nice. Now, who have you chosen to watch your assessment?".
Strike looked back at Storm and Ember. "My sister, Ember, and my best friend, Storm".
Ember waved her tail. "It is so nice to meet you, your majesty- Oh, oops! I'm not allowed to talk without permission?".
Ash rolled his eyes. "Ember, you know better. No more talking til the end of the assessment!".
Ember mockingly bowed her head and Storm struggled not to laugh.
The queen looked back to Strike. "It's about time we start. Are you ready?".
Ash narrowed his eyes as Strike nodded. The Queen took a step back. "Good. As Ash told you, you will be tested on your strength and abilities. If your ready, you will leave for a training camp further away and then join our army. Good luck and remember why were counting on you...We need to defeat the CoastWings".
Strike narrowed his eyes. "I've been training a while for this. I promise I won't let you down".
Ember let out a silent laugh. "He sounds so serious....Like he's actually going to leave...". She trailed off.
Storm looked at her. "He is going to leave. I know he's going to pass".
She sighed and looked down. "Your right. I'm going to be all alone again, except for you and Rin".
Storm flicked his ear. "Who's Rin?".
Ember smiled and looked at him. "Oh, no one".
Storm head butted her. "Oh, come on! Who's-".
Ash cleared his throat. "Ember! Storm! Stop acting like dragonets and sit down!".
Storm sighed. "Okay, sorry!".
The queen waved her tail. "Ash will advise you on the first task. Good luck". She stepped off into the shadows.
Ash came to stand by Strike. He whispered something quickly Strike and then looked at Storm and Ember. The queen slowly swiveled her head towards them, her face quickly twisted in horror.
Ember looked up nervously."Storm? Why are they staring at us?".
A feeling of dread fell over Storm. "Their not looking at us...". He spun around to come face to face with a huge FlickerWing.
He glared down at him. "Excuse me, I have news for the Queen".
Storm nudged Ember away. "Uh, Sorry, sir".
The huge FlickerWing snorted and pushed past them, towards the queen.
She stood up. "Dusk?! Why are you here?! Your troop was sent out this morning!".
A sad looked crossed the soldier's face. "I'm sorry....it's over".
"What's over, Dusk?! Get your stupid troop back out there!".
"I-I can't!".
The queen lashed her tail. "WHY NOT?!".
The next words made Storm's blood run cold.
"M-my troop is dead...".