Good news

It was boring day at Martin's class but with these new kids you really couldn't be bored.

"Samuel, the phone, please." said Martin. At first Samuel refused but gave him. "Nadia, please read." Martin gave the phone her.

"Marina doesn't have AIDS, asshole." Nadia read, "It's HIV..."

"Stop reading that!" Guzman shouted. "What the hell? How could you let her read it?" asked to Martin.

After some argue between boys Nadia asked awkwardly, "Marina, do you have HIV?" Other started gossiping and there was my and Ander's first eye-contact at this year. We were the ones who knew about her and Pablo's accident.

"Guys, please, calm down. Now!" Martin said strictly, but Marina stood up and said everything about her diagnosis.

On break, me, Polo and Guzman were sitting on sofa.

"It was Pablo who infected her, right?" Polo asked, Guzman nodded his head, "What? What did I miss? Did you know?" asked me.

"I was there when Ander and Guzman discussed." I said. Then Ander came with bottle of water and gave it to Guzman.

I stood up, as Ander and me couldn't breathe same air, but Polo grabbed my heand, "Did you two knew this? And nobody told me?"

"He told me when he was really down." Ander said.

"And I was there, too." I added but he didn't even looked at me, "Call me today" kissed Polo on cheek and walked to see Lu.

*************

*************

On the weekend me and Lu went to my grandma's lake house. I didn't invite Carla because she and Lu argued.

We were watching sunset and drinking red wine. "Did Guzman payed for Samuel's suit? I asked.

"Yes. Or poor boy would have to work for years to pay."

Polo texted me. He thought Carla was with us. I read the messages to Lu. "She ignores Polo too."

"A princess kissed a frog and became the frog too." Lu was really upset.

I texted Polo that we hadn't have meet Carla for a week and she ignored us too. Then polo texted me "I wanted to see you today, but because of you aren't here... Today Ander introduced us his boyfriend - Omar."

I didn't know how react about this. Just showed my phone to Lu. "Omar?" She asked. "That's Nadia's brother. Ugh. I have no idea how their family stands with those two."

"I should text Brandon." I felt heartbroken.

"Or wait for Valerio." Lu saw how my face fainted, "Good news!" Smiled awkwardly. "He comes back this summer. His mom sends him back, neither dad wants, but Valerio has nowhere to go."

I felt how storm was coming back. Valerio always tried to seduce me. He was only one person, who could manipulate me, even Ander couldn't, and I couldn't refuse him. He changed my life upside-down once and I lost my love, and what would happen now, when Ander has boyfriend?

"Is he coming back to destroy my life again?" I whispered with broken voice.

"Not only yours." Replied Lu. I felt so confused, didn't know why Lu said that, but didn't ask anything, my mind was twisted.

***********

I felt more comfortable at Polo's home than mine

I felt more comfortable at Polo's home than mine. I loved him more than my own brother. We supported each other as our personal relationships were in disaster.

"I thought we were more than this. We are Carla and Polo." He said. "Can't believe everything is ruined."

I paused the movie which we were watching. "We all think that we are more than the shit happening around us. We all think we will stand up to. Yes, we think we are strong and brave. But look. We are just kids. We are in high-school."

"No. I will do anything to get her back. I can't live without her."

"I thought you liked boys more."

"Did you?" He chuckled.

"Yeees" I laughed. "I always thought you would end up with Ander." He gave me a bit flirty face and kissed me on forehead. "Please, don't do something stupid."

"Did you know Marina stole the watch from Carla's dad? He asked.

"No fucking way." I didn't know if I was surprised with Marina's behaviors anymore. She always did something stupid. "All she wants is to destroy her family."

Ander called Polo. He said it was emergency from Guzman. He left quickly. I continued watching Netflix. Polo came home in the evening with torn shirt. He told me how they beat Naño's squad as Marina was pregnant of his baby.