Just The Two Of Us

A few days had passed since that night in Eden between Massimo and I. I made sure to keep as much space as possible between us, only being around him when I had to. I also was doing my best to make sure that Gabriel had no idea that I was uncomfortable or that anything happened.

It was a conversation that I didn't want to have with him.

In those days when we were around each other, my mind kept remembering just what had transpired between us. It made me feel a dull ache any time I took a moment to reminisce on it. He acted as if nothing had happened, so why shouldn't I? I knew what he was wanting, what he was waiting for.

I wasn't going to give in. He'd break before I did.

"Good morning, Mina."

I turned my attention from my breakfast to Gabriel, smiling at him. "Morning. Sleep well?"

He nodded, taking the seat across from me and returned my smile with one of his own. "I did, yes. You?"

'No. It was horrible. I kept having sex dreams about Massimo and just couldn't get comfortable.' Yeah, not what he wanted to hear.

Instead I shrugged and made a quiet noise in my throat, taking a bite of my toast, opting to just not answer.

"Victoria and I will be leaving for about a week. She wants to go to London."

I raised a brow and hid my smirk behind my toast, pulling a piece off to pop into my mouth. "Oh?"

With one glance at me, Gabriel groaned and placed his napkin in his lap before collecting some eggs to eat. I always thought the two of them would make such a cute couple, and there were times when I caught them eyeing each other. Nothing nasty, just... two people who loved each one another, but didn't know how to go about starting a real relationship.

"It's nothing like that, Cosmina."

"Right..." I trailed off, cleaning my face of crumbs with my napkin before leaning back in my chair. "I'll be fine here. Hopefully by the time you get back, I'll have another job lined up. I was looking through the files you gave me and some seem to be a piece of cake."

"Good. You'll go stir crazy if you don't occupy yourself with something."

If only Gabriel knew that I was already in the process of occupying myself with something, or someone.

----------------------

I watched  from the front door as Xavier finished packing up the luggage for Ms. Victoria and Gabriel in the car, giving him a slight wave. Once finished he closed the drunk and moved up the stairs to me, lighting up a cigarette.

"You'll be fine with him here?" He questioned. 

It made me feel good that Xavier cared about my comfort level. He knew who Massimo was, what he did for a living. Xavier didn't have clean hands himself, but he'd do anything to protect those he cared for.

"I'll be okay. I know how to handle myself if I need to."

"It's not you being able to I'm worried about."

I laughed softly, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry so much. Just focus on them. I got things handled back at the house."

I could tell he still wasn't so sure. It wasn't me he was wary over.

It took him a minute before he nodded, motioning to the black SUV that pulled up.

"Massimo had some of his guys come over to help watch the house." He remarked before lowering his voice. "If you need me, call me. I'll come back as soon as I can. I'll murder every motherfucker that touched you."