Dinner Date

For some reason Massimos sudden departure affected me, much more than I wanted to admit. It was rare for people to take a glimpse into my past, even more so when it came to my parents. I wasn't ashamed of anything, but instead it was something that I learned to cut off feelings for long ago.

Just like cutting them out of my life, I had learned to keep people away at arms length. I never really had many friends growing up, as we were always moving from state to state. I had no real lasting romantic relationships that actually mattered to me. What was the point? I didn't work a normal 9 to 5 and often times brought work home with me in one way or the other.

Yet Massimo was just... Massimo.

He knew exactly what I did for a living, had experienced it first hand so to speak. Hell, he didn't exactly have clean hands himself. My profession didn't bother him. Instead, the fact that I was marked for life did.

Part of me didn't want to have dinner with him and instead do the girly thing and cry myself to sleep. I still wasn't even sure why I felt like I wanted to cry. Was it because even though it tore me a new asshole to admit it, he was growing on me? Or was it because I wanted him to still want me regardless of it?

I took my time getting ready to go downstairs, trying to talk myself out of it. There was no doubt in my mind that if I didn't show up, he'd come up here to me. Barge in my room and demand why I stood him up.

Instead, I opted for the Naida approach and smirked to myself, going to my closet to to fish out the perfect dress. I was going to show Massimo just what he was going to be missing.

----------------------

I knew the minute I descended from the stairs and Massimo stood there drinking in my form that the white dress had the exact effect that I was going for. The dress had a plunging neckline and was backless, allowing for the straps to connect behind my neck. It wasn't insanely short, but the slits on each side of the skirt rested against my upper hips. I brushed my curled brown hair away from my shoulder when my heels hit the bottom of the stairs and smiled.

"Let's go."

"You're not going in that."

Licking my lips absently, I shrugged. "I guess we aren't going to dinner then."

He looked at Domenico who said nothing and looked away before taking a deep inhale in through his nose. "Fine. We're going to be late."

My red lips threatened to widen into a smirk and I allowed for him to usher me out the door and into the waiting black SUV. The whole ride I could feel his eyes on me and instead of give it attention, I simply looked out the window. I briefly wondered if the dress was too much or if it merely stirred something within himself.

I was hoping for the latter.

As son as we arrived at the restaurant, Massimo took no time in coming around to open my door, holding his tattoo covered hand out towards me. I took it, sliding from the car to follow him inside. When his hand pressed against my bare lower back, heat radiated from it and throughout my entire body. The first thing I noticed as soon as we entered was that there was no one else there. The high scale restaurant that was normally impossible to get into, was completely empty. 

I glanced over at him and raised a brow, "You're worried about what I'm wearing, but there's no one else here?"

He shrugged his shoulder, following behind the hostess as she saw us to our seats and he pulled out my chair for me. "I like being the only one who gets to see so much skin."

My head turned to look at him in disbelief as I sat down, picking up the menu. The way he left earlier that day only showed me that was a lie or was it? Now, I started to question my own self doubt. I knew I was a beautiful woman, had used it plenty of times to my advantage. I also understood that there were some things men didn't like and that brand was one of them.