A Garden of Blood

Book: A Garden of Blood

Author: AGardenofBlood

Rose: emmiepooh2 

Title/Cover/Blurb:

The first thing a reader sees when looking at a book is the cover. Even though the reader is told not to judge a book by its cover, we are all guilty of it. It is the main reason some people want to check the blurb out. Personally, the cover is horror looking. It doesn't look like it is supposed to be a part of Adventure or Fantasy. But it does fit with the title.

Next, the title fits the book but the title is smaller than the author's name. I just really recommend for you to fix that because some may think that the name is the title. Also, I believe you should lay off the caps when fixing that due to it making 'garden' and 'blood' larger than the other words.

Thirdly, I wanted to discuss your blurb. I love your vocabulary beyond belief. You used strong words but not too much, which helps it to stop being so busy. The length is a decent size for a published book. But is it under 150 words? For wattpad books 150 is the most people read, when reading a blurb.

Plot/Pacing/Hook:

When getting A Garden of Blood, I began with the prologue. I know sometimes prologues are not important to every book but nobody truly knows until they read it. I didn't really know if it was neccessary when I got about halfway through the prologue. It felt as if it was too wordy of a summary, not a story. I can tell you if you started to 'show not tell' in the first half it would make it a bit more readable.

The pacing throughout the book after that got to a good steady rate. It still struggled with the readability from the vocabulary. Most people on wattpad aren't my age (an adult), so the book has to be readable to the audience of wattpad. You may have someone under 18 but over 15 or you'll have a preteen reading it. It needs to be at an 8th grade reading level to help with that, though adult books are amazing you gotta make it readable for anyone of any age. 

Overall Enjoyment:

I really enjoyed this book after the prologue, I totally did not expect certain scenes to happen that did happen. The warning at the beginning of the book was a nice need to the piece. Scenes can be triggering at times for anybody. 

If this book was randomly recommended to me, I would read it! Please do take my comments into consideration and I wish you the best in your future endeavors.