Chapter 4: The First Step Pt.1

Y/N P.O.V. 

Scroll: BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ 

Me: Hmm? Wha- whe-re, ok.

I already got my clothes laid out, so I put them on, along with face cream (because the girl of my dreams is here), and see an orange-haired girl and a guy with a pink streak in his black hair getting up. Seeing as the girl was somehow going to multiple places in a matter of milliseconds, and the guy was completely unfazed by this, like he'd been through this his whole life, they balanced each other out pretty well.

I grabbed an apple and went to the locker room where my bag and weapon were. And I followed the boy and the girl to where Ruby and Yang were.

Ruby: "Wonder what those two were so worked up about."

Yang: "Oh, who knows. So! You seem awfully chipper this morning."

Me: "Yeah! There's more "Ruby" today!"

Ruby: "Yep, no more awkward small talk or 'getting to know you' stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking."

Yang: "Well, remember Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you want to grow up, you're going to have to meet new people and learn to work together."

Ruby: "Ugh, you sound like dad!"

Me: "Well, they've got a point. The people you know won't always be able to help you in times when you need it. Sometimes, you'll need to accept or ask for help from somebody you don't know."

Ruby: "Okay, first of all what does meeting people have to do with fighting? And secondly, I don't need people to help me grow up. I drink milk!"

Yang and I share a look.

Yang: "But what about when we form teams?"

Ruby: "I don't know, I guess I'll just be on you or Y/N's team or something."

Yang: "Maybe you should try on being someone else's team?" Not trying to sound rude.

Ruby: "My dear sister Yang, are you implying you do not wish to me on the same team as me?" She says with a rather accusatory tone.

Me: "I'd be fine with you being on my team, Ruby."

Ruby: "But my own sister doesn't even want me to be on her team."

Me: "She's just trying to make sure that you learn what you need to survive in her own way. And she also tried to let you down easy, so don't be -

Jaune: "-Ridiculous! There's no way I put my gear in locker 636 yesterday?! I would've remembered having to count that high! Oh why does this have to happen today?"

Me: "I'm gonna go help him."

With that, I went to help him out, but mostly to get out of the dreadful conversation between Yang and Ruby, because I knew where that was going. 

He was having trouble finding his locker, and looking at the diagram of the locker room wrong.

Me: "You need some help there?"

Jaune: "Thanks. And you are..."

Me: "Y/N. You must be Jaune."

Jaune: "How do you know me?"

Me: "I'm a friend of Ruby's. Looks like she was your first friend here."

Jaune: "Yeah. She was."

I told him that he was holding it upside down, and I managed to lead him in the right direction and get his locker open. 

Just then, we noticed Weiss and Pyrrha having a conversation. Most likely Weiss trying to get Pyrrha to be on a team with her. Jaune took notice and saw that as his chance at Weiss, since it was clear he liked her.