Chapter 6: Players and Pieces

Y/N P.O.V.

Me: "Blake, did you hear that? What should we d-"

Meanwhile, she's constantly motioning for Yang and I to look up, so we eventually do.

Ruby: "Heads up!"

She's falling toward the ground with a scared expression on her face. 

Me: "Well, somebody's gotta catch her! Yang, up, please!"

Yang cups her hands so I can jump on, and she launches me into the air toward Ruby. I shoot the blunt end of my weapon at Ruby so that it wraps around her, and pulls her back to me, and we land on the ground. 

Ruby: "Y/N?"

Me: "You will not die by falling. That is NOT the way you were meant to go out."

Then I realize it. I was holding the girl of my dreams; bridal style; after literally saving her life.

Me: "Oh! Right! Sorry."

I put her down, and we're both blushing like CRAZY. Like, Pyrrha's hair red. I give her time to regroup, as I go back to Blake and Yang. But then, Jaune interrupts our awkward moment, thank Oum, by flying in out of nowhere and crashes into a tree. I give her time to regroup, as I go back to Blake and Yang. 

Blake: "Did your sister just fall from the sky?"

Yang: "I-"

Then, a large explosion happens, and the orange-haired girl comes out of the treeline riding on... and Ursa?

Orange-Haired Girl: Yeehaw! Aw, it's broken.

She jumps all over the Ursa examining it.

Black-Haired Boy: "Nora, please. Don't ever do that again."

He looks up, but the girl, who I now know as Nora, is gone, leaving only and outline, and making me wonder, again, how that is even possible.

I look behind us, and Nora is looking at the white rook piece and singing.

Nora: "I'm queen of the castle, I'm queen of the castle!"

Black-Haired Boy: "NORA!"

Nora: *Giggles* "Coming Ren!"

Blake: "Did that girl just ride in on an Ursa?"

Yang: "I-"

And just when I thought I had seen it all, a DEATHSTALKER erupted from the trees while chasing Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: "Jaune!"

I'm assuming they had partnered up, and Jaune had been knocked away by the Deathstalker, by the way she was running toward the tree that Jaune was stuck in. 

Jaune: "I'll be fine!"

Ruby eventually caught up with us and she found me, along with Yang and Blake. 

Ruby: "Thanks, Y/N!"

ME: "No problem!"

Then, she goes to Yang.

Yang: "Ruby?"

Ruby: "Yang!"

They didn't know that Nora was secretly sneaking up on them, to get her own take on the situation.

Nora: "Nora!"

I look back to Pyrrha still running from the Deathstalker, wondering just how far she had run from, and at that speed, but Yang was only getting more tense, Ruby was watching all of this unfold, I was doing the same, Blake was the questionnaire of the obvious, and Nora was being... Nora, I guess.