Chapter 5: The Emerald Forest Pt. 2

A/N I decided to skip the other 2 chapters of the real series, in case you were acting it out along with it. (Something I like to do.) There just would be weird things with how it would be organized, knowing myself.

Y/N P.O.V.

I'm soaring through the air towards the forest, and I spot the perfect tree to land on. I put break out of my diving position and slam my climbing axe into the tree, slowing my descent to a stop after sliding down a little bit. I pull the axe out of the tree and land on the ground. 

I keep it drawn, and good thing I did too, because a HUGE Ursa showed up. I decided that the best course of action to fight something this big would be keeping it at a distance by shooting it a bunch of time, and when it tried to advance, I dive rolled to the side, and when it left itself open I stabbed it through the chin and fired a round through its neck, killing it. Surprisingly, I was tired. 

But that wasn't important. My goal is to get to that temple and find a relic, and hopefully find a partner. I wonder what Ozpin meant about the irregularity in registration, and what exactly the extra relic meant when it came to teams, and where in Remnant it would be. But it really mattered who got there last, or without a partner, which I'm hoping isn't me. As I'm walking through the forest toward the temple, I started thinking about different situations in when I could use my semblance. About possibilities of if I could make my "Sound Self" physical, or in situations where I could hypnotize someone to go behind enemy lines and get information out of someone or someone that they work for.

Oh, well. All in due time. Suddenly, as I'm walking, I almost fall off a small cliff. But as I look back up, I see Yang and a girl in black wearing a bow at a temple that looked like the place I was looking for. I made it! I start making my way down, finally landing on the ground. But as I'm getting closer to them, I think I saw the bow twitch a little bit. It was probably just the wind. 

I should probably Identify myself if I don't wanna be on the receiving end of a punch that I heard from Ruby obliterated a night club. 

Me: "Hey Yang! Who's your friend?"

Yang turns around to see me.

Yang: "Oh, hey Y/N! This is Blake. Blake, Y/N."

Blake: "Nice to meet you."

Me: "The pleasure's mine. Nice bow."

Blake: "Thank you. It's very special to me."

I nod to her.

Me: "Well, seeing as I don't have a partner quite yet, I should probably start looking for that singular relic."

I'm looking for the relic, and under a stone, I find a note. 

Me: "Yang, Blake! I found a note!"

Yang and Blake come over to me.

Yang: "Well, read it!"

Me: "When lined up, I will be revealed. Only a mythological creature can uncover me."

Blake: "What does that mean?"

Then it hits me.

Me: "What are the relics?"

Yang: "Chess pieces, why?"

Me: "Are there knights here still?"

Yang: "Huh?"

Me: *sighs* "The ponies, Yang."

Yang: "Oh, yeah. We have one. And the other one should be on the other side."

Me: "Cool. I need it for second, can I borrow it?"

Blake: "Why?" 

Me: "It said think of a mythological creature. Look at the patterns on the ground of the temple. There are wings on them. If I can put the knights in the spots where the wings intersect, they look like horses with wings."

Yang: "Or a pegasus! That's genius, Y/N!"

Me: "That's what happens when you watch a lot of 'Escape the Night'."

I take both knights and put them where the wings intersect with the circle on the ground, and some green magic spits out a tiny box, which has the words "Open back at Beacon" etched in it. So, following the procedure, I put it in my chest bag, and realized that I didn't even have any music on the whole time! So I take my tablet out and pair them to my earbuds and put one in, starting the journey back to Beacon with some YBN Cordae (cuz he 🔥), and after about half an hour, some Rick Ross (cuz he also🔥) and Yang's wondering what I'm doing.

Yang: "Whacha doing?"

Me: "Hmm? Oh. I like to listen to music when I'm fighting. It gives me a rhythm, and without that, I'm not at my full strength."

Suddenly, we hear a really loud scream. One that could possibly put mine to shame.

Yang: "Some girl's in trouble!"

Me: "Or a real unlucky dude just got it in the no-nos." 

Yang: "Blake, did you hear that? What should we do?"

Ruby: "Heads uuuuuup!"

Where did that come from?

A/N: A trash ending, I know. I just had to get the titling back on track with the parts and everything. Also, had to throw in a shoutout to "Escape the Night" in there. The opportunity seemed too good to pass up.Still new at this. My bad!