Straying Away (Vol 1)

Team RWBY had gone into the city to see the boats of the other students arriving in Vale for the Vytal Festival Tournament and Concert. People had begun to put up banners and signs to advertise the tournament.

"The Vytal Festival! Oh this is absolutely wonderful!" Said Weiss, the others seeing her out-of-character behavior. 

"I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss. It's kind of weirding me out..." Ruby said, picking up on that. 

"How could you NOT smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances, parades, a concert, a tournament! Oh the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!" Said Weiss.

Yang sighs before responding "You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring. Maybe that's your hidden semblance." 

"Ooh, chalk one up for Yang." Y/N says as they share a fist bump. 

"Quiet, you!" Weiss retorts. 

"Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the docks?" Yang asks as they look at the ship in front of them. 

"Ugh, they smell like fish." Ruby complains as she holds her nose.

"I've heard that   students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And as a representative of  Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom." Weiss explains. 

"Hold on, did you say Vacuo?" Y/N asked as he perked up. 

"Yeah, why?" Responded Blake, her first words since the outing.

"I have a couple of friends from there. I don't know if they're training to be huntsmen, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were. Those guys act like they were meant for the battlefield." He explained. "But if I didn't know any better, I'd say Weiss wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament." 

"Ugh, you can't prove that!" Weiss retorts.

"Mhm." He jokes.

"Woah." Ruby says, and as the rest of the team joins her to see what was going on, they see a destroyed dust shop. As they walk up to the police tape, two detectives are investigating the crime scene. 

"What happened here?" Y/N asks as he looks inside the shop from the distance to see if he can see anything. 

"Robbery. Second dust shop tone hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle." One of the detectives said. 

Yang scoughs before she comments. "That's terrible."

"They left all the money again." The second detective observed, making Ruby and Y/N perk up. 

"Yeah, just doesn't make a lick o' sense. Who needs that much Dust?"

"I dunno, ya know what I mean?"

"You thinking the uh, White Fang?" 

"Yeah, I'm thinking we don't get payed enough." The second detective says, gaining recognition from Y/N. 

"Amen to that..." He mutters, earning a snicker from Ruby.

Weiss, upon hearing "The White Fang" felt like she had to say something. "Hmph. The White Fang. What an awful bunch of degenerates." She said, gaining Blake's attention.

"What's your problem?" She asked, sensing Weiss' hostility in her last statement. 

"My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane." She said.