Chapter 11: Forever Fall

RWBY+Y/N dorm the night before the field trip

Y/N P.O.V. 

Me: "I'm worried about Jaune. He needs a talking-to."

I'm saying this from the bathroom while getting my pajamas on. 

Yang: "Why? He's probably done it already. You might need it though. ;)"

She CANNOT be serious. Though being Yang, I probably should have seen that coming.

Me: *sigh with internal facepalm*"Not that kind of talk, Yang. Just, I don't know. A motivational one."

Ruby: "Why don't you try it? He seems to trust you."

I exit the bathroom and see Yang on the bed playing on her scroll, Weiss studying, and Blake reading her "no-no" book.

Me: "Fearless leader, why don't you take a crack at it? You were his first friend. He knows you better than anybody."

Ruby: "Man, I can't talk to him! I'm not good at that!"

Me: "Just try. If he doesn't listen to you, then I'll talk to him. Deal?"

Ruby: "Fine. But only because it's Jaune."

Me: "Good luck. You may or may not need it."

Ruby gives me a "Really, bruh?" look, and then, a smile. Which, by the way, I will NEVER get tired of seeing. Then, she exits the room, and I listen to her and Jaune's conversation through the door. 

She's doing ridiculously well too. I would have been inspired by it. And that "nope." chain! Man, the sheer LEVEL of cuteness mixed with that level of maturity at our age just adds fuel to my fire. 

Then, she comes back in the dorm.

Me: "Success?"

Ruby: "I think so. Maybe I'm better at this than I thought."

Me: "Well, leaders are supposed to be good at that sort of thing." 

Just listening to the way that she handled that whole situation with someone 2 years older than her while also maintaining that leading presence about her makes me want to say something about it. 

Me: "You're gonna do a lot of good things here, Ruby. We both will. But when things go wrong everybody's gonna be looking to us. To you. And I know we can do it. Just something to ponder on. Goodnight, Ruby." 

Ruby looks at me with a sort of starstruck expression, and then responds, which makes my heart jump a little bit.

Ruby: "Thanks. Goodnight, Y/N."

Ruby's P.O.V. 

As I'm climbing up into my bed, I start thinking about everything that has happened over the past few days. Wow. Not only am I helping Jaune, but I'm also getting Y/N to start showing his true self a little, especially with his commitment to helping Jaune while also bettering himself. 

I haven't seen that from many other people. That blast still sticks in my mind, and I still haven't gotten him to tell me the whole reason why he did that or what the full extent of his talents are. But I'm just thinking of a way to get him to tell me more about him without it sounding , -urk, romantic. 

But as I'm falling asleep, I hear a song that went kind of like, "We could've been..."

Y/N P.O.V.

I keep thinking about what Yang said to me on the first day, "Ruby didn't tell you yet, but she wants to get to know you. The real you. And the more you work on yourself, the more you take control of your destiny, the higher the possibility is you could become close with her. And maybe at the level you want. Just keep at it. You'll get what you fight for."