Kabanata 13

The whole interior of the Palace like mansion almost slapped me with how rich the owner is. Mayaman rin ako but just by looking at how extravagant this place is, alam ko ng may halong dugong bughaw ang nagmamay-ari nito. I know that Kuya Xerxes has a royal blood and so is Hypnosius. They're both counts but I don't know kung anong position na sila ngayon. I haven't heard any news from them and I really plan not to.

"Good day, sir, ma'am. This way please."

A man that I think is the butler greeted us before bowing his head slightly, he immediately lead the way to some place na nagpa kaba sakin. Upon entering a wide and spacious room with a comfortable sofa bed in the middle and a table, a kid suddenly approached me and hugged my legs that made me stop walking.

Napatingin ako sakanya kasabay noon ang pag-angat niya ng tingin rin ng tingin. Napasinghap ako ng makita ko ang mukha ng bata. The hell... This is impossible.

His gray eyes... They look like Hypnosius'. Don't tell me that this is his son.

"Sir, ma'am, let me introduce to you-"

"Stop it po! I can do it myself!" Masungit na pigil ng bata dito bago humiwalay sakin.

Ngayon ko lang nakita na nakasuot ito ng pormal na da it. And his eyes, I can't stop staring at this kid's eyes who has the same eyes as my daughter also. Hindi ko na alam ang dapat na maramdaman. Mukhang magka-edad pa sila ng anak ko.

"I'm Antonio Creed Ingeras Baiamonte, po!" Pakilala nito na halos ikasinghap ko.

Baiamonte... So he's really the son of-

"Don't think so lowly of me, Lorraine. Anton is not my son." A voice boomed around the spacious room. That familiar voice, how could I ever forget that?

Hindi ako gumalaw sa kinatatayuan ko at mas niyakap lang ng mahigpit ang anak ko. Yumakap rin ito sakin, feeling the fear and worries slowly invading my system. I saw how a figure walked beside the kid he called Anton. Nakasuot siya ng formal suit, iba sa dating nga damit niya. This is not him right?

"Look at me, Lorraine." His voice sounded so different too. He sounded so... Powerful. Hindi na siya ang parang dati na hindi alam kung anong desisyon ang gagawin.

Unti-unti kong inangat ang tingin ko, and finally I met his gray eyes. They look so cold and lifeless. Puno ng awtoridad ang tindig. He's changed. But I was surprised when his cold and authoritative aura changed, he's now looking at me softly with his pleading eyes, like they weren't to begin with. Humakbang siya palapit sakin pero hindi pa rin ako gumalaw. Hinayaan ko lang siyang makalapit samin, I don't know if it's because of fear or because I'm too overwhelmed to even move an inch.

"Daddy,"

Kasabay ng pagsinghap ko ay ang pagtigil niya sa paglapit samin. He was glued in the floor like he heard a ghost whispered something in his ear. He was too shocked when our daughter called him daddy.

"Is... Is she-"

"Baby, please. Later okay?" I whispered in Verónica's ear.

She's a child but I know that she knows what I meant by that. It's not the right time to finally meet her father. Hindi iyon ang pinunta dito namin though it's one of the reasons that I keep on denying myself.

Mahina siyang tumango at tinago na lang ang mukha sa leeg ko. Iniwas ko din ang tingin kay Hypnos na ngayon at mukhang nakabawi na sa pagkabigla. He was about to approach me and touch my arm that supports my daughter's weight when I stopped him by stepping backwards.

I saw how he gritted his teeth but then remained his composure, so different from his past actions.

"Nasaan si Kuya Xerxes? He's the one who wanted us to come home." And deep inside me, I hope that Ate Moira is not alive, I miss her but she doesn't deserve to be hurt. Mas gusto ko na lang na hindi siya buhay kumpara sa paglaruan nila ang alaala niya.

His eyes landed on our daughter pero tinalikuran ko na rin siya. I can't stand his stares. They're so different. Parang ibang tao ang kaharap ko, hindi ko alam kung niloloko lang ako ng mismong ulo ko.

"Your highness?" The butler interrupted us as if he's asking for Hypnosius permission to lead us to his brother.

He give him a single nod before the butler told us to follow him somewhere. The whole place is packed with elegance and richness as we walk across the hall where paintings are everywhere. Just by looking at them, I immediately recognised their values. Those paintings costs millions of dollars!

"Count Artaxerxes of Alburquerque is already inside, waiting for your arrival, sir, ma'am. I cannot enter with you at this state." Paliwanag nito noong tumigil kami sa isang malaking pintuan.

It looks similar to a library door.

"Is it okay talaga that we go with her sa loob?" Tanong ni Leanne na nasa tabi ko na.

"Yes, ma'am. Count Artaxerxes clearly instructed me that all the expected visitors should enter the library." So I was right.

"Nasa loob na ang ate ko?" hindi ko na napigilang itanong.

The butler only bowed down in from of us and didn't gave us a clear answer.

"I cannot speak about that, ma'am. Pardon me."

Tumango na lamang ako at hinayaan na lang siyang lumapit sa pintuan at kumatok doon. He knocked three times before a voice boomed inside that made me gulped. Damn, that familiar cold and scary voice, almost similar to my sister but colder and dangerous.

"Let them in."

Tumingin ako kay Kuya Geralt na hindi manlang nabigla sa boses ni Kuya Xerxes. Maybe because they've already talked over the phone even if it's a rare happenstance. Seryoso lang ang mukha niya at walang kahit anong emosyon ang makikita. Nabigla naman ako ng lumingon siya sa pwesto ko, or rather sa katabi ko bago nag salita.

"Kyleanne, stay beside me."

Naglakad naman palapit sakanya ang kaibigan ko. Hinawakan kaagad ni Kuya ang kamay ni Leanne na parang pinoprotektahan ito. Ako naman ay piniling ibaba ang anak dahil sa kabang nararamdaman pero nakahawak pa rin ang kamay ko sa malibot niyang kamay.

Tumingala siya sakin. "Mommy, sino po nasa loob?" She asked curiously.

Yumuko naman ako sakanya bago pinisil ang malambot at matambok niyang pisngi gamit ng libre kong kamay. I really don't know if I should regret that I didn't tell her about my half sister.

"Someone important to me, baby." Sagot ko na lang sakanya kahit hindi pa ako sigurado kung nasa loob nga ba talaga siya.

Umayos na ako ng tayo noong binulsa na ng butler ang pintuan. I gulped down my saliva again as I feel my heartbeat getting faster as the door opens slowly, revealing the built of both genders.

The man, wearing a clean white polo shirt, black pants and a recognizable cap toe Oxford shoes, was leaning in the table in the middle of the library while drinking something inside the mug that is on his lips.

My eyes almost teared up when I saw the woman sitting comfortably in the sofa chair with her back facing us. I can see her blonde hair mixed with a dark brown her growing from the roots of her head. I immediately recognised that hair color. I can't believe this.

Kuya Xerxes placed the mug above the table and looked down at the woman sitting in the chair. I saw how the woman slowly stood up with her back still facing us and slowly, she turned around to face us. I heard a few gasp from behind me. I know that they too, were surprised.

"A-ate..." Hindi ko mapigilang mapahikbi habang ang mga luha ay tumutulo na mula sa mga mata ko.

In front of us, stands the great Moiranelle Khaleesi with a smile on her face. I almost gasped when she suddenly walked to me and stood in front of me, giving us enough space to face each other.

"This can't be..." Hindi ko pa rin makapaniwalang utas. I feel like I'm dreaming kahit half ng utak ko at ito na ang ini-expect. I'm just too shocked to even move.

She slowly lifted both of her arms and placed it on my cheeks, slowly caressing it and wiping the tears that is still falling. I cannot almost recognise the softness written on her face, I just remembered my cold and expressionless sister who's always in control with her emotions. But now, she looks so free...

"I'm back, my little sister. I won't leave you all alone again."

STONE MIKAELSON