Kabanata 14

I stared at the little boy named Antonio that we met earlier. Nakaharap siya ngayon kay Ate na hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala hanggang ngayon na totoo siya. It felt like it was just yesterday when it all happened, the news about her death, the betrayals, and me leaving this country that I thought was already for good.

After the shocking revelation earlier, it was my sister who supported me and made me sat down at one of the chairs then the kid entered the room and came to my sister.

"Antonio, greet your auntie." My sister said to the boy that made me hold my breath for a second.

Umangklo ito sa leeg ni Ate at yumakap dito ng mahigpit na parang nagpapalambing. "I already did, mama..."

From Anton, Ate Moira's brown eyes darted on mine as if she already knew what's going on inside my mind. The little boy released Ate from his hug then marched to Kuya Xerxes' side. Doon ko lang napagtanto na kaya pala may pamilyar sa mukha ng bata, na kahit kamukha rin ito ni Hypnos, may iba pa rin sa mukha nito. The kid looks like Kuya Xerxes' younger version but his personality is more similar to my Ate. He's their son.

"You have a beautiful daughter." My sister suddenly mentioned that made me glanced back at her. She's now peering at my shy daughter na nasa tabi ni Kuya Geralt, almost hiding herself in the back of his legs. Nakita niya naman na nakatingin ako sakanya so I called her to come to me and she immediately did it.

Noong makalapit siya ay binuhat ko ito at pinaupo sa hita ko. Ramdam ko na hindi siya pamilyar sa lugar at hindi rin siya pamilyar sa babaeng nasa harapan namin.

"Baby, I want you to meet someone..." I whispered near her ear na ikinaharap niya sakin.

"Sino po siya, mommy?"

I glanced at Ate Moira who was watching us the whole time, waiting for me to say something. I touched my daughters soft cheeks before making her face my sister who has this unexplainable emotions in her eyes. It's so different.

"This is your Tita Moira, anak." I was glad that I didn't stuttered because I was very nervous.

Hindi ko alam ang magiging reaction ng anak ko noon kaya hindi ko sinabi sakanya. Natatakot ako na masakitan rin siya kapag nalaman niya. Pero ngayon na buhay si Ate, I'm willing to tell her everything.

"Tita po?" She pouted her lips, her mannerism when she's confused. "Pero po nandiyan na si tita Leanne."

Napabuntong-hininga naman ako.

"No, baby. Your tita Leanne is my friend, while your tita Moira is my..." I gasped. "Sister."

Her innocent gray eyes were full of confusion and shock right now. She's just three turning almost four and I understand why she's like this.

"Hindi ko po alam na kay sister kayo."

"You didn't tell her," I bit my lip as if restraining my emotions.

My sister's voice is cold and almost emotionless. She didn't liked what she heard. She didn't liked that I didn't even introduced her to my daughter. I just don't know how to explain it to her calmly because I'm afraid.

Veron is now staring at my sister but I can feel the coldness of my sister's eyes on me. It's happening again. Kakakita pa lang namin, ginalit ko na uli siya.

"I... I..." I can even find my voice nor the right words to tell her. Natatakot ako na baka mas magalit nanaman siya. Ayoko ko ang ganoon.

"Well," Napatingin ako sakanya noong bigla siyang tumayo at inilahad ang kaliwang kamay sakin. "Save that for later, let's feed the kids first." Mahinahon niyang sabi na ikinabuntong hininga ko.