Chapter 1. Moving Day

"UGH MOM, do we HAVE TO?!"

"Yes dear, you know this is a good opportunity for dad. He has been looking for a job for a while you know."

"I know, but I don't want to lose all my friends and start over!"

"Firey, stop it. We're moving, and that's final."

"Fine."

I stomped up to my room and slammed the door in frustration. I then sat on my bed and stared at the pictures on my wall. They were of me and my friends. The friends I'll never see again. I started to cry. Crying hurt me, because any form of water is my poison. I grew to take the pain though.

My name is Firey, and I'm moving. I never moved before. It seems scary, and unsettling. But my mom always tells me that this is what everyone does sometime in their life, and we just haven't done it until now.

The reason I'm moving is because my dad lost his job at a dynamite factory. He accidentally lit a fuse and blew up half of the factory. No one was injured, but he still got fired. He has been trying to get a new job ever since then, but he has no luck. Until he did get a job at a multi-million dollar company a couple months later. The only problem was, it wasn't in our area at all. It was right next to Goiky Canal. So we have to move there.

My mom is glad he got a job, because money was tight. Most of the money we got was from dollar bills we found on the street, or dad's final paychecks. Hopefully things will be better there, in terms of money. For me, it will be a nightmare. No friends, a completely new school, and all that. I don't want to move. But I know it's for the best.

I started packing my things in a suitcase, because my mom would yell at me if I didn't. I packed the essentials: Blankets, my toothbrush, a couple snacks and books to read, etc. I even took my pictures of me and my friends, since they will be the only memories I have with them. Then I started taking some non-essentials, like my laptop, my headphones, and my phone. I guess a phone could be an essential, but I don't know. Just then my mom came in the room.

"Oh good! You started packing your things!" she said. "Yeah, I did. I wouldn't be able to convince you to stay here, so might as well." I told her. "Well, we're ready to go now. Come on." She gestured with her hands for me to come. She went out of my room and I followed.

I walked slowly down the stairs, thinking about how my friends feel. I told them I was moving and my friends were sad. Some people were happy though. My bullies were always making fun of me for not being able to drink water. I had to drink fruit punch instead. Hopefully things will change. Maybe I won't be bullied anymore. Only time will tell.

I ate a quick snack in the kitchen, then walked out the door. My parents were waiting for me in the car. I sighed, looked back at the house, and said on the verge of tears, "Goodbye." I turned back around, got in the back seat of the car, and we all drove off.