Chapter 6. Doggy Pile

"English class with Two, huh?" I said to myself. I saw that class just around the corner. I turned back, turned the corner and smacked into Pen. "OOPS! Sorry!" he yelled.

"It's fine. This happens a lot."

"Hey, sorry about not showing you around like I said I would on the bus. I forgot while talking with Eraser."

"No need to apologize. I guess our writer is just really forgetful between chapters."

"What? We have a writer?"

"Never mind. See you later."

I walked past Pen and went into English. I was the first one there. At least I didn't have to worry about sitting by the wrong person and having my blood pressure rise if I did anything that involved burning. A minute later, the class filed in. Then someone came rolling in, his posse close behind.

"8-BALL! YOU'RE LATE AGAIN!"

"So? What are you gonna do about it, Two?"

"UGH! Just sit down."

Him and his posse rolled over to me and the chairs around me. 8-Ball looked at me menacingly, and rolled backward for a running start, and smacked me out of the chair with a fast roll, like a pullback toy car. I fell facefirst on the floor. I wondered why everyone hated me. Not that it mattered. Leafy pulled me up and said, "Firey, get up! There's a life out there to enjoy, so ENJOY IT!" I had no other choice at that point, so I sat next to Leafy. Two started the lessons by doing this MIND-NUMBINGLY BORING SPEECH about Shakespeare. So boring in fact that it took the entire class. When the bell rang, half the class was asleep. Even Leafy.

Science with Three. Awesome. I liked science. It was my best class, but little did I know I was gonna screw up. Science was making a non-explosive chemical reaction, in lab partners. But I never done that before. I was paired up with Pin. We started conversation.

"So Pin, What's it like being in this school?"

"Well, I personally think it's just like a regular school."

"For you, at least. For me it's eight times the bullies so far. I accidentally set a block on fire in math."

"Woah, You set Blocky on fire? You messed up, pal. Prepare for lunch."

"What do you mean?"

Pin whispered, "Blocky can be... creative. He can kill someone with his so-called "pranks" in 20 seconds, tops. It's usually targeted at the ones who piss him off. It's always at lunch, and he will flip SHIT at ANYONE who tries to stop him. It's scary, because his record for killing someone is 4 SECONDS. No one knows how he did it, or who was the victim."

I shuddered. I was thinking about it, while putting a beaker full of... something into a test tube of... something else.

That's when all hell broke loose.

The test tube began to shake, subtlety, and soon progresses to violently. I tried to call for help. "Um, Three? I think I need some help!"

"What do you nee- OH MY NUMERAL! RUN FOR YOUR LI-"

*Boom.*

The noise that followed was a sound so ear-piercing, it might has well been a flashbang. My vision was white. It slowly began to fade into reality. When it did, everyone was on the floor or on the tables, completely unconscious. Tools were knocked over. Spills of liquid was made. A damn LIGHT from the ceiling was dangling. The whole classroom was an entire mess, and concoctions of mixed liquids made quite a stench.

"Wha- WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

Soon, Teachers ran in. Followed by students. They saw me on the ground, still trying to recover. They processed what could have happened, and eventually discovered I had mixed two wrong chemicals on accident.

I felt terrible. Luckily, they cut me some slack. They knew I wasn't used to this new environment. I had no idea what anything was. One after another, the students woke up. When they came to, they got mad. So mad in fact that everyone showed no mercy. Gelatin yelled, "DOG PILE ON FIREY!!" and the chaos ensued.

I was jumped by everyone. People were punching, kicking, spitting. One guy managed to suplex me. At the impact of the suplex, I smacked my head on a corner of a table. I was bleeding BAD. Everyone stopped hitting me and just stared at the damage they caused. I was scratched. I was cut. I was losing blood. The last thing I remember was Four yelling, "CALL AN AMBULANCE! QUICK! GO GO GO GO GO GO!" like a drill sergeant.

Then I fell unconscious.

"Firey? Are you okay?"