Chapter 3. The Bus Ride

Three days passed, pretty quickly. It was mostly just unpacking boxes and getting settled in to the house. Pretty standard stuff. Then one day, I went downstairs after waking up and saw my mom with a backpack in the kitchen. Then it clicked.

"Oh that's right. I go to school now. I forgot." I said.

My mom said, "Yup! The bus is coming in five minutes! Hurry up!"

With that, I scrambled to the kitchen and wolfed down a bowl of cereal.  I then grabbed my backpack, opened the door, and yelled, "BYEMOMBYEDADLOVEYOU!" and slammed the door. I was in a rush. I stopped at the end of the driveway just in time to catch my breath when the bus came. I got on, and people started staring. I heard whispers.

"Who's that?"

"Looks dumb."

"Who even, like, LIKES fire?"

"Hey! Over here!"

I looked up at that sentence. The Pen guy was waving at me, gesturing me to come over. So I did, and as I did, I tripped on a rock, who said "Oof!" and I fell flat on my face. Laughter exploded from everyone except Pen. I ignored it and sat next to Pen.

He started the bus ride with a question. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. What did I trip on?"

"You tripped on Rocky. Don't worry, it's normal for people to trip over him. He doesn't care. He always has that smile."

"Good to know."

"Hey Pen!" A not so familiar voice called.

"Hey Eraser!"

"What's up? How have you- oh."

The pink person, named Eraser, looked at me with a stern face. He didn't seem happy. "Is he a new kid?"

"Yeah! I'm going to show him around the school!"

"Okay." He walked to a different seat.

Pen said, "Don't mind him. He gets uncomfortable with new people around him."

"Alright." I looked around the bus. People were still staring at me.

Pen broke the ice again, by asking, "Why did you move here?"

"My dad got a job here. He lost his old one."

"What happened?"

"He lit a fuse at a explosion factory."

"Yikes. That sucks."

"Yeah. I don't like to talk about it."

"Oh okay. I'm gonna go sit by Eraser, okay?"

"Mkay."

Pen left to sit by Eraser. Which left me all alone, until we reached the school. What a great start.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, Sugar here!

Sorry that this chapter is shorter then the other ones. This was very rushed, and I wanted to get a chapter out. Hope you understand!

That's all I had to say. See ya in chapter 4.