Chapter 5. Math Class

My first class was Math with One. I promised myself that I wouldn't embarrass myself, like I always used to do in Math class at my old school. One then yelled "ALRIGHT CLASS!" which made me jump in fear and fly into the nearest seat, which was next to a wooden, red block.

Wooden, red block.

WOODEN, red block.

Before I knew it, he caught on fire. He immediately shot out of the chair, and started yelling. "GAHHHHH! You little bitch! I swear, I will suspend your recovery center over a lake by a ROPE!"

I was gonna ask what a recovery center was, but I figured now wasn't the time. He started rolling on the floor, trying to douse the fire. An ice cube sacrificed her life by jumping into the flames to save him. She came back a couple seconds later, and did it again. She did this over and over again, until the fire stopped. Unfortunately, he was burnt black. And angry. And punching me.

He punched me hard in the nose every two seconds, making it squirt out blood like a water gun. When he finished, he sat back down, and pointed to another chair, far away from him, next to a saw. "Sit there."

"But I'll burn the saw too-"

"SIT. THERE."

I obliged. This whole time, One was writing equations on the blackboard, and everyone else was staring at me. Ugh. I embarrassed myself again. Finally, One turned around and said, "Today we are learning about PERCENTS! And TAXES! But first, Let's review Volume. Teardrop, can you figure out the volume of this prism?" The Teardrop girl let off a flurry of hand motions so fast, I couldn't even comprehend what happened when everyone clapped five seconds later. "You're right! Firey, can you calculate the volume of THIS prism?"

You know that feeling when you take a test, knowing you're gonna ace it, and then look at question 1 and lose all hope? That's what happened to me. Except it was a billion times worse. I never learned Volume. At my old school, We were still working on Ratios. I struggled with the equation, trying to understand, all under the pressure of 15 other students staring, some smiling, some giggling, and some just feeling bad. I finally let out the courage to let out a small, squeaky answer. "Three?" Cue the laughter. Cue the sad trombone. Cue the angry response from One. "Are- Are you serious? That's not even CLOSE!"

"I'm sorry, I never learned Volume before." Even more laughter.

"Ugh, okay then. Cake, can you solve this one?"

And the whole class went by with me just sitting there, not understanding anything. What a horrible day so far. I hoped the next class would be better. But a voice in the back of my mind said, "You're gonna fuck up today." But it didn't say when.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey hey hey! Sugar here!

So this chapter took a while to release. There's a reason for that. Some real life stuff came up, and I couldn't find time. I'll admit it though, 5% of it was laziness.

I can't guarentee the next chapter will be soon, but what I do know is that I am very motivates to continue. I got some BIG stuff planned for this. So I hope you enjoy this buildup to that big moment.

If you guys want to leave suggestions on writing, by all means, go ahead. This is the first time I'm writing a full length story, so it won't be perfect.

That's all from me! See you later!