Chapter 2. New Neighbor

After a whole day of traveling by boat, we took our car from the bottom deck, and drove to the docks. We then drove for another 15 minutes before stopping at our new house.

"Here it iiiiiiiis!" My mom exclaimed. "Great." I said back, groaning. My dad didn't say anything. He isn't much of a talker. He instead shrugs, nods his head, and makes an approving or disapproving noise, but those few times when he does talk, it's usually in two word sentences.

My mom proceeded to tour us through the house. I had to admit, it looked nicer then the old one. It had more space, more rooms, and a giant backyard. We even had a second bathroom, and two spare rooms.

After the tour of the house, I grabbed my suitcase and dragged it up to my new room. I spent the next hour setting up the room, putting stuff the same way it was in my old room. Soon, there was one last thing. The pictures of me and my friends. I sighed, and put them on my wall with a couple pushpins. All I needed now was my bed.

I went downstairs and saw that a lot of stuff got done when I was up there. The kitchen was complete, and the living room seemed to be halfway done, with my parents sitting on the couch taking a break. I looked in the kitchen to see what got done. The counter was wiped down, the fridge and pantry were full, and the cabinets were filled with dishes and medicine. Just then I heard a knock on the door. "I'll get it!" I shouted. I didn't want to force my parents to do it, after seeing all the stuff they done so far. I opened the door.

"Hey there! I'm your neighbor!" The boy said.

"Uh, hi? Who are you?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm Pen! I saw you move in and decided to meet you!" He was a lot more cheery then I thought.

"Well, that's nice. I'm Firey."

"Nice to meet you Firey! I just wanted to say hi. I don't want to leave you distracted from your doings."

"Thanks for stopping by."

He walked away, and I closed the door. My parents asked who that was, and I replied, "It's our neighbor. His name is Pen." They said, "How nice! New friends already!" Then they started unpacking boxes again. I was happy someone decided to introduce themselves. Looks like making new friends is gonna be easier then I thought!

I hope.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey hey hey! Sugar here!

I just wanted to say that this is the first story I ever wrote, so i'm sorry if it doesn't live up to your story standards. Another thing is that I might leave the story on hiatus in the future, mostly because I have absolutely NO IDEA what the ending will be, what will happen, or if there is plot twists or relationships or anything like that. This will be confirmed if they are, in another chapter. Not by me, by the characters in this, which is still technically confirmed by me, since I'm writing this. Um...

That's it! See you soon for chapter 3!